Wed, Sep 18, 3:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: November challenge entry - Return to Rivendell

Claymor ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 2:11 PM ยท edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 5:29 PM

file_33078.jpg

I have probably read the LOTR trilogy in excess of 40 or 50 times starting somewhere in about junior high school. My world of fantsy, upon completing book three, was always to return to Rivendell to be a part of that band of adventurers as they set out on their quest. I wanted to choose a slightly different tack here..inspired by the early discussions on just what was meant by "land of fantasy". That, to me, showed that each of us carries our land of fantasy within us. This may be a bit too much Poser for the Bryce purist, but it was a great exercise for me in the use of bump maps and transparencies. Although...when it started to take upwards of 15 minutes just to select an object...I was ready to chuck the whole thing. Product credits to, among others: Mehndi- wood elf, Jon Malis- Dwarf, Michael Lane - short curls, Daz - Michaels fantasy beard All Bryce trans maps and textures were my own...I had to contribute SOMETHING.

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 3:30 PM

Imports are fine, Bryce can do anything(MUHAHAHA). Great Pic, like all of us you beat up your machine, tested your brycian metal and turned out a really cool pic. I think I've watched the movie since it was released at least 2wice a week. :) (and read the books in past years)

FWTempest ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 4:45 PM

One of my fantasies, too... and I have that E.B. Leighton print on my bedroom wall, as well... you haven't been peeking, have you?

cshaftoe ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 5:02 PM

I actually called my home 'Rivendell'.....very nice work, but I had to look hard to see the Hobbits...... The Bryster

ttops ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 5:46 PM

Very impressive work, superb.

pmoores ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 6:09 PM

Excellent picture. Great way of bringing the fantasy into a 'normal human' pic.

Hepcatbrandon ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 6:32 PM

Cool picture. Ya It's a great book. If you want to learn more about Tolkien I recently read a good biography of him by Humphrey Carpenter. Very interesting

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 8:06 PM

Excellant pic. This is what dreams are made of.

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 10:00 PM

I think Leonard Nimoy singing "Bilbo Baggins" kind of soured me on Lord of the Rings for a while, but perhaps it's time I re-read it. After all, 30 years is a long time to remember back to. I like the concept of this pict. I think that in this case the Poser figures enhanse the idea you're presenting. very nice, - TJ

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 12:12 AM

Great job. I thought Rivendell was where Archie and Jughead lived.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.