Tue, Sep 24, 6:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Letters around objects tutorial anyone?

TheWingedOne ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 4:14 AM ยท edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 10:00 PM

Hi I'm looking for a good tutorial for placing letters around an object -not only circles, but squares, rectagle... I know I might do this in Freehand or Illustrator, but is there a satisfying way to achieve this in Photoshop, too? Thanks, Phil

cambert ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 6:26 AM

Nope, you need to do this in Freehand/Illustrator, turn the text into paths, and then import the paths into Photoshop. You can manage a little text shaping with the text shaping tool in PS but nothing worth bothering with IMO.

retrocity ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 7:18 AM

There are no easy ways to accomplish this in PS, only painful ways!

It requires a separate layer for each letter and the moving/adjusting of the "center" anchor to pivit rotation on. This is a very time consuming method when taking in consideration the ease in Illust/Freehand....

It can be accomplished (but so can at home brain surgery), it just might not be the best route.

:)
retrocity

TheWingedOne ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 9:46 AM

Thanks a lot! Actually I was expecting that answer, but I just wanted to be shure. Happy photoshopping, Phil

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 9:58 AM

you mean you STILL can't type text on a path in PS7??? I haven't erally used version 7, i like 6, but I thought that woulad been something they'd've implemented by now... maybe they think it would dip into their illustrator sales...

retrocity ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 10:17 AM

Maybe Adobe should swap programmers between apps! ;)

PunkClown ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 3:43 AM

You can do it in "Indesign" so maybe they don't want too much overlap of functions between their products?

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 11:22 AM

That's exactly right, PunkClown. If Photoshop becomes too much like Illustrator, what's the point of buying both?

tommyboy73 ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 9:37 AM

You could try a program called Typestyler to wrap your text. Then import it into photoshop

kruzr ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 10:07 AM

I don't have Illustrator, as of yet, but when ever I need to wrap any type around ANY kind of a shape, square/circle/triangle/outline of an object/ or any other shape, I use PaintShopPro. Save the file with layers & all as a .PSD, then import it into PhotoShop. I realize it's not an Adobe product, but it's just my way of doing this sort of thing for now. . . Mark.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.