Mon, Oct 7, 4:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 9:36 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Post a bit about yourself !

TRAVISB ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2002 at 1:41 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 4:23 AM

Well ill start I go buy cerreto on most sites and moderate at cg channel as well as do some beta testing for some apps , I love to model and recently have started working very hard on 2d renderings in marker and digital painting My short term goals is to continue learning as much as i can about bettering my skills in 2d or 3d ! Long term are not much difrent other than id like to work in a enviroment where i can learn more about these from co workers why i like rederositys modeling forum ! Well i think this is a place where i can actauly share some of my skill s and resources to help others find there way faster than i have! regardless of if you have trouble with modeling an eye to modeling photo real! I would like to see your post and opinions in here, no matter what level we are all equal given time and effort I have a website that is 7 months old and outdated i will update in a month or so when i get faster acess with some decent 2d and new 3d work hopefully which is far better than the current models there 7 months can be a lifetime if you work every day lol www.3dluvr.com/cerreto now its all of your turns

TRAVISB ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2002 at 1:49 PM

file_34480.jpg

heres a few current works

TRAVISB ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2002 at 1:55 PM

file_34482.jpg

just an old monster i did that is my avatar in most forums

Virus ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2002 at 3:41 AM

DANG TRAVISB that monster is really awesome!!! :) I start modeling some time ago since 3ds R4 for DOS :) It has great features and I still use it to fix 3ds files, I guess I started doing 3d modeling because I've found that two of my passions mixt each other with this work, the computers and scale modeling, I did a lot of miniatures (real ones, not virutal) and still working when I have the chance with them, basicly military modern jeft fighters and all their items as hangers airport facilities etc :). My Fav modelling program is 3DS Max, but I must say that I'm becoming a LightWave modeller too, but I'm still a newbie with this program, hope that soon I will be able to use it as I use Max.

SAL9000 - Hello Dr. Chandra, Will I've dream?

BazC ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2002 at 2:35 PM

file_34483.jpg

Hi!, I'm pretty much a newbie to all aspects of 3D modelling. I've been trying various demos and free apps for 18 months or so and made no progress in any of them :o) Then I discovered wings3d and it all started to make a bit of sense. It's a really easy programme to learn. I'm hoping to get a high end app soon. I've been looking at Cinema and Lightwave and though I prefer the clean interface of Lightwave I really haven't been able to use it at all so I'll probably get Cinema, it seems much easier to learn. Maybe I'll eventually get Lightwave too if I ever have the cash to spare :o) This is what I'm working on at the moment, still a lot to do but it's my best effort so far!

Baz

TRAVISB ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2002 at 8:44 PM

Virus we need to get you posting your work more man ! Baz c Wings is a great app almost a mirai clone and as far as modeling goes im told buy alot off users it compares to lw and cimema very well Personaly i have never used cinema but im very pleased with lw I think thats the major part of any app is does it fit your workflow style and can it enable you to do what you want to do without roadblocks Your model is looking good I think you could examine the lipe area a lil more and the area where the bridge of the nose meets the eye i will post some plans of the face from a pic steven stahlberg gave me that may help the litelest things on the face are aften the most anoying an d crucial keep posting your progress man !

BazC ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 4:57 AM

Thanks for your comments TravisB, Yeah the bridge of the nose is too sharp and so is the join between the two halves of the bottom lip. The mouth corners aren't working as I'd like either. I haven't had the courage to even TRY ears yet! I'm totally hooked on modelling though, I really never thought I'd produce anything recogniseable :o) I may give Lightwave another try, I'm using the Discovery edition and the literature that comes with it doesn't help too much - either too basic or too technical (the manual is SCARY!) It seems like the tools I want are spread out over two or three different screens. I create a cube, then I have to change modes to subdivide it then again to move points. I haven't figured out how to change the flow of polys yet. I know how to use the knife tool but that usually adds more edges than I want and I really can't get my head around bandsaw! There's so many tools there one of them must do what I want LOL! I know you can use keyboard shortcuts and customise the interface but until you know roughly what you're doing that isn't much help. Like I said I'll keep playing with it, I won't be purchasing until after christmas anyway :o) Baz

TRAVISB ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 1:27 PM

If you want to add edges quickly and want to do it using band saw id suggest just selecting those polys in a row that you want to cut then hiting the "f" key his will let you cut only those polys with the band saw tool after you do this though mnake sure to hit f for flip again to face them the right way Hope this helps

BazC ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 2:43 PM

Thanks TRAVISB I'll give that a try! Baz

wozzyke ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 4:53 AM

file_34484.jpg

hi this is one i made two months ago. Modeling was done in Wings and tweaking in LW and rendering and texturing also in LW wozz

wozzyke ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 4:54 AM

file_34485.jpg

other scene... wozz

TRAVISB ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 2:25 PM

hah acool jet packs care to do a small tutorial wit wings for us ? i KNow alot of users are trying it and its a great app would be cool to see it in use ! ciao !

wozzyke ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2002 at 3:49 AM

what type of tutorial do you had in mind?? I'm not that good in modeling so I dont know if I'm going to be able to it, but give me a subject and can give it a try... wozz

wolfshade ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2002 at 12:43 PM

Attached Link: http://judas-christ.deviantart.com/thumbnails/

well i'll go next i guess....my name is reverend judas...judas is not my real name...just a stage name....yes i do make music...yes i am an ordained minister...yes i am completely nuckin futs :D....i love TRYING to use light wave....basicaly i use it for making small props just to mess around with in poser or bryce....i've tried doing a few organic figures...but came to realize fairly quickly that well..i just suck...lol...but i keep trying new stuff...trying to get better at organics...i've recently gotten into pho..well digital photography...and REALLY like it...i think i'm going to start pushing off in that direction..but my heart is still in 3d....oh i live in the u.s....ohio..cleveland...if anyone cares...lol...ok yeah...travis i've always adored your work..we lost you for awhile there..but i'm glad to see you're back :D

bastiff ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 4:20 PM

file_34486.jpg

Well what can I say Bastiff Belial is my handle. Been using that handle since the old BBS days when I was in junior highschool. hehe. I am a 3d artist by trade. I work for a small art /engineering house in the north bay. (california) For work I mostly model low poly playstation 2 art work for use in a promotional advertising DVDs. I would suppose if you ever got the official playstation magazine with the DVD inside it, then more than likely you have seen my artwork displaying the demos on that disk :) More pleasure I like to model super heroines similar to what TravisB posted above (very nice 3d translation of Fengs art by the way TravisB). I started as a simple doodler but always knew I would one day be a professional artist. well here I am. attached is a drawing that I doctored up in photoshop that I drew oh about 5 or six years ago... I will be posting 3d stuff as I see that it is worthy of this gallery :) Latis. Bastiff Belial

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.