Fri, Sep 20, 4:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Vicky's eyes fixed

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 12:42 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:36 PM

file_125360.jpg

I fixed Vicky's eyes with magnets and I'd like to share this morph target with everybody, but for some odd reason I can't get it to export as an .obj morph. It exports, but when I bring it back in it does goofy things to Vicky's face. I've zeroed out everything, which always worked before. Any ideas? Diane

wyrwulf ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 12:48 AM

This looks good, Diane. Can you save it as a CR2 and post it, or e-mail it? I can give it a try from the CR2. Send it to me at poserwulf@hotmail.com This is a VERY attractive face.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 12:59 AM

Thanks, wyrwulf. I'm going to try a few more things myself. Unfortunately, I didn't save the whole face (although I'm sure I could recreate it). I also did the nose morph you see here, so if I can figure this problem out, I'll post it, too. BTW, I am finishing up the texture you see here. Once I get the seams to match better, I'll post it.

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 1:02 AM

You do have the new Zygote update morphs right? Just checking ;-) -JH.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 1:19 AM

Yes, I do. But I'm trying to make some of my own. They don't fix everything. :-)

wyrwulf ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 1:21 AM

This will be another good addition to the Victoria arsenal. If I can be of any help...

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 1:46 AM

Can't use morph manager. I'm on a Mac. :-(

Al ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 2:38 AM

I think that also the texture is fantastic Diane! Very good!

PJF ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 3:03 AM

Probably a silly question, but are you setting the export as a morph target (no world transsomethingorothers) in the last dialog that comes up before your export goes on its merry way?

Greg Erken ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 3:24 AM

That is an incredible picture. I uttered an expletive when I saw it. Vicky is getting better and better looking (not necessarily more "beautiful," but more realistic, detailed, and compelling.

rtamesis ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 9:03 AM

If you post the pz3 file somewhere, I can download it and take a look to see what the problem is. I have a Mac and a cable modem.

quesswho ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 9:33 AM

Diane that is a great texture. Marge

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 9:47 AM

Incredible....sigh....so much to learn. =)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 9:53 AM

Very cool. I am on a Mac too so I cant really help but awesome stuff

arcady ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 10:13 AM

what aspect of the eyes did you fix?

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 11:09 AM

arcady, I used Zygote's morph to bring them closer together and then fixed that weird droopiness that her eyes have. PJF, yes, I'm checking only the head when I export. It's worked fine for the P4 woman, after I figured out that you have to zero everything. But the coordinates for Vicky's geometry must be slightly off or something, because when I bring it back in and apply it to her, it moves and distorts her head slightly. Thanks for the compliments on the texture. I have a little more tweaking to do and then I will post it.

PJF ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 2:02 PM

Strange. I've made lots of morphs for/from Vic's head, and they all apply with no problems except occasionally the outer eyebrows appearing when using minus values (workaround is to render them transparent). Make sure every other parameter dial really is set to zero. Don't trust the dial reading in the main work space, since that is often an approximation. Double click on the dial to bring up the dialog for it, and type in zero if it says anything other than '0.000' . I guess the most likely candidates for culprits are the x, y and z dials, but check every one (sound of mad cackling laughter). As I tried hopelessly to say earlier, make sure you set the final export dialog box to 'As Morph Target - No world transformations'. Failing that, it's linked to tidal forces due to the approaching alignment of the planets. We'll have to wait until Poser5 for that issue to be addressed. :-)

-renapd- ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 3:30 PM
Site Admin

Diane she looks fantastic! I love her eyebrows too not just the eyes! I have exported morphs of Vickie AND used Morph Manager on her with no trouble at all! In fact I never zeroed dials before doing so! I just saved the new cr2 and combined morphs afterwards. Worked pretty smoothly with no flows at all! If you wish I do volunteer to combine the morphs of the cr2! :o)

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 9:16 PM

Let me try one more thing first. I haven't installed the latest patch yet. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll call for help again. :-)

Traveler ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 9:19 PM

-Export .obj -When the hierarchy list comes up unselect universe, and then select the head. -When the options box comes up uncheck everything then check the one that mentions morph targets That should work, I have been using that for morphs made with magnets because Morph Manager can't handle the # of verts.

chadly ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2000 at 1:06 AM

I like the character a lot; she seems very believable to me. (Perhaps because she reminds me so much of someone I used to know.) Keep up the great work! (And feel free to submit work like this to Zygote's soon-to-come Victoria gallery: gallery@zygote.com) -Chad Zygote Media Group

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.