Fri, Oct 4, 3:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Creating and/or enhancing a room

RulerofRedwall ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2002 at 8:47 PM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 1:30 PM

file_35200.jpg

How do you create a realistic-looking room in Bryce? Moreover, how do you enhance it (aka make it look real, add poser people, adjust lighting)? I started taking a shot at it, but I got artist's block after that. :S

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2002 at 9:41 PM

Brycetech.com has a good starting tutorial. It makes a bathroom if I remember well, but it's useful for any type of room. HTH Dream Warrior

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2002 at 12:15 AM

Best way is to get www.floorplan.com software and build your room in there. Bring it into Bryce via dxf export and texture. Works great. Lotsa preset items, and you can construct just about any kind of room or house.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2002 at 11:27 AM

What sort of room do you want, living space, bedroom, kitchen... suggest baseboards, crown moldings, you can build doorframes and window frames in the terrain editor (brycetech has some very good tutorials), furniture can be found in freestuff here or at 3dcafe. Just decorate like you would a real room. Have fun.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2002 at 11:51 AM

It helps to have an idea where you want to go with this picture. Might want to check out some decorating magazines for some ideas.

Nukeboy ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2002 at 12:11 PM

file_35201.jpg

A good way is to make sure you have at least three walls, turn off sunlight and use interior lighting. Take a look around your own home or apartment and look at the detail.

Here's an example that I posted for a field of view thread awhile back. This room has wainscoating, wood frames around the windows, etc. The carpet is a hi-res terrain made from "spikes"; the rug is a similar terrain with a picture material.

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2002 at 12:21 PM

Looks great Nukeboy.

Nukeboy ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2002 at 8:24 PM

Aw, shucks. Thanks. Actually, I over worked the fire. It had looked better in an earlier version that, alas, was unintentionally overwritten. The biggest issues I find with room scenes are lighting and FOV. The scale of the room is 1BU: 1 inch, the camera is about eye-level for a 5'-10" individual (lower than my own, but not everyone "looks down" on the world. The room seems well lit, but if an object (say Vicki in her birthday suit) is placed on the rug in front of the fire, the side toward the camera becomes quite lifeless and plastic looking. I've experimented with tiny, ranged lights to illuminate the figure, but with minimum success. What I really need is true radiosity, dang-it! BTW: The lamp, candle sticks and end table are all free stuff, everything else is Bryce.

Nukeboy ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2002 at 8:26 PM

Oops. The paintings are from Ooh, Betty.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.