Sat, Sep 21, 6:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Merry Christmas frum PP!!!! Shopping Poem /Story

PPsphere ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2002 at 6:52 PM · edited Wed, 14 August 2024 at 6:11 PM

Attached Link: PPsphere

Christmas Could be the coming of the season's man in red As I greet the morning, no need to pull on a cap. Early morning black, the season took the green. Someone lit the morning lawn with many lights Made from the street illumination twinkle, Seeing that I ask the sleepy legs to move. Early walking, the sparkles wear no cap So early up, there's not; although the lawn was green Just so short ago, green in the sun's light The ordered blades so green, and n'er a twinkle, Dear life so divine took me to see and move Upon day's re-emergent signals from the man in red. Putting on my cap and vest, I remember there ain't much green I march to the shoppe, the man who fills a bag so light. Without the tempest of torn wrap we lose the twinkle, But it's a tradition of the calendar we should not move, We need the jolly elf in a white land to show us red, And this time I can get a best pal a big knit cap. Can we gift all the pals in lands of differing light? We follow a pledge of ancient wise who once saw a twinkle In the sky that wasn't a before or aft, that caused them to move To the light of night through the days sun of red Which threw light on thier father's word put in thier cap, They bore gems and gold, a wish, smells fragrant green. On our wonder-rock I feel I share a Magi twinkle Although that sapphire by time did move. Headed home aft dark some houses decorated red Electric, green and all, I feel cold and snuggle cap Down on a buzzy chill, as the traffic light turns green, To inspect the good's cheer in incandescent light. I melt some snowflakes off my clothes and face, make move Indoors, the shoppe lady wrapped the things in green and red. The eve of Christmas action is the season's cap - Next morning calm adornments on tree of green Come to eye in another bright yet stilled light, Odd how on top - brass angel star on top gave a twinkle. ************************************************ PP's Story and Poetry Site! http://webpages.charter.net/pprochnow PP's Sound and Audio Site! http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/PPsphere/ PPz4um http://forums.delphiforums.com/PPz4um/mesages ***********************************************

tjames ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2002 at 7:29 PM

And in the land where the sun does where a cap Some of us still get out and test our sleepy legs to move and walk the fields in search of green so we can fight against the sea of red with ink so black running in a presses twinkle. and thus beginneth another night shift.

PPsphere ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 5:31 PM

all right...by george...I think he's got it! some people can't read this poem I'm glas some people can

tjames ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 7:11 PM

As long as you don't get a black spot. That means literally shoot the poet. Now where's your sonnet? but still that bill is tough enough to kill. Wale it, on the mark, and see that poetic liscence validated. Or you can bust a move and simmer in that stew. Can you dig to bebop in classical threads?

PPsphere ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 7:42 PM

file_36901.jpg

---------------->yeah

tjames ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 8:02 PM

Does that mean you're in the wilderness on the sonnet. A true poet can dance in another ball park...The LA tossed bs salad called rap is a form. Try another stage and grow bigger. Ya want a love song show us a serenade. Ya want to talk about leavin' your woman show us an aubade or a nocturne c'mon PP the dig is in don't show us ribs show us meat. jstro had trouble with the sonnet but wore it well. Cal slipped a bit but gave good digs now pick up the glove and move your sleepy legs.

PPsphere ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 1:31 AM

negatory territory ....you gots the URL to PPsphere in the Recycle Bin somewhere

tjames ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 4:47 AM

No I'm opening the field. I see someone testing the water but not jumping in...Rendie is my homebase, but now I have to court 'em in other lands where the folks aren't friendly. You want comments and readers the key in in adaptability. Try a short free style verse on anything keep it to around 10-14 lines and sell the graphics. Everytime I pose a challenge my first bit is to lead off and write from whence I speak. It's no sin to bomb...hell write about the girl you're always chasin' down at the Dunkin' Donuts, or how you went to a football game, sat on the fifty, and didn't give a rra about the game. The problem with your Fading Love Sonnet is its more of a ode at 18 lines...you have four stanzas theres no volta or turn to indicate a change in focus. I bet the gang would comment on the "Globe poem". So I did go to your site. I still get turned off when a poem gets long. It's not you its an in general meico's poems suffered the same fate and the mystic indian poems... If your poems get to cerebral you'll lose 99.9% of the readers. A good poem practices economy of words for all the OF's out there.

PPsphere ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 3:32 PM

Oh man...your are an awful taskmaster T...why do I want to do all that? The suggestions are great, but sound like demands. You really have no legal right to demand I do a thing. Like what I'm saying is that your check bounced NSF. Do you not write to do what you like? What I am saying is I write like I want and do what I want, you have no reason to demand anything in specific from me. Besides I have a web you can "get into" ..where is yours? Six crumby poems here on RENDER does not a poet make, my little medtech pal.

tjames ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 8:22 PM

If you check I wasn't even at rendie until August, but I write every day, and I'm posting in distant lands. You're right I'll have to cull all the children together in one spot just have to find the right host. I wrote those poems to start a challenge...not asking the troops for anything I couldn't lay down myself. I was saying in looking over your site that they would probably like the two I mentioned because I liked them. I like 'em short but that's me. I also like to peruse the galleries for graphics I can write to, and search for other poets to compete in the challenges. The girl at the Dunkin' Donuts that was back in '84. Well somethin' to do tonight.. ya wanna do a tonight challenge? Dueling rhyme at twenty metric feet?

PPsphere ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 1:00 AM

Attached Link: Flip and Splog

http://fas.keenspace.com/ I'm a bit toasted from the new Korean threat, not like I'm on the West Coast, which soon could be toast, (duh...that rhymes!)it's just all that icky fallout ...which could all make us pout. I spent a couple hours surfin off MegaTokyo and found this link, also the HIGHLIGHTED link in this email. Could it be that stuff turned off my poeticizer? On the auspices of the Holy Holiday I have a religious belief in not being funny. IT is a great idea but it is after midnight here....are you GMT or PST? Get my discEbook and find me a producer/director and let's get stinking rich with a Hollywood hit. I got a few great ideas all (C.) that are actually in acceptable short story/novella form. THAT IS (i.e.) such that the settings are described, there is internal dialogue or omniscient thrd person, and the characters do dialogue....comprenez vous?

tjames ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 1:37 AM

I've been over at writer'swrite hasslin' loser trolls for the past hour, but managed to write about Dunkin D'Debbie in about 10 minutes. I came back to grap the epithath from my chairman story and post it as an independent there. I'm exactly where you are, but up in the hand.

PPsphere ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 11:30 AM

file_36902.jpg

I'm feeling more like getting in the contest or tourney of yours.....I lost the link to it...I thought I'd find a poem i already wrote and past it is to see your response and so on and so forth .....that is what you mean I entered the NewYears/Winter contest. I pasted the web with photos in the email body and attached a TXT file....are you looking at those to?

tjames ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 12:46 PM

Good...The validation wasn't an insult. As you can see by my thread on "Sittin' at the Fifty" sometimes the trials are just that. I have enough material, of that I have no doubt, some words, new ones, must sprout. I know how I feel. I need to see the real, and show that road ta-yo. Post on the Blues thread "Sittin' at the Fifty" Or for a Sonnet post on the "Poetry Challenge V thread" that only runs until Jan 1 at 1700 est (That's Detroit time so I don't get Aussie's posting on the 2nd).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.