Thu, Sep 19, 5:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Poser 5 : Hair there and everywhere

merknz ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 4:21 AM ยท edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 6:11 AM

Ladies and Gents good evening, I have a question that I am hoping someone can answer .. I have recently been using Dynamic hair with Vicky3 .. no problems at all with V3 (shes lurvly) BUT .. a problem I have with other models does show up with her as well ...

Using dynamic hair with collisions on I get very 'tangled' hair .. using it with collisions off I get verts through her face and shoulders (ouch!)

I am going for long hair over the back (or over one shoulder) kinda psuedo-Sanfran hair from JB .. does anyone have any suggestions what I am doing wrong? the manual is VERY low to the ground on hair help.
If I can get this sorted I'll write a tut on it.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 6:06 AM

From what I understand the collision detection isn't working. You should go to the public Beta forum for more info. Then link is below the banner for Poser 5 above the thread. Marque

volfin ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 8:20 AM

Yes, It's somthing CL has yet to fix. Don't worry, you're not doing anything wrong. Noone can get it to work.

EmpressZario ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 10:42 AM

I found by setting the spring and air damping to 0, it helps eliminate the mass of "bubbling" hair. I usually turn on collision detection and activate for anything it may come in contact, and that helps a little.

doldridg ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 1:06 PM

Here's what I've been using. Occasionally it bombs and I get the hairdo from hell, but it also works quite often. First make sure that the skullcap is not touching the head. Anywhere. Then select the hip and turn on collisions for the hip and press the button to turn them on for all its children. Then select the skullcap and turn collisions OFF and press that button again. In the hair room select the skull cap, select the portion of the hair you want to drape, turn collisions on with the switch beside the display and check the collisions box for the hair. Drape it. Don't pay too much attention to the way it looks WHILE it's draping. That can sometimes be misleading. You can either set them up in advance and drape using the command in the animation menu or drape the sections individually....

volfin ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 6:31 PM

LoL doldridg! that's a lot of steps! I'll have to give it a try though. The Hair collision not working has been one of my biggest pet peeves since Poser 5 came out. I don't even use the Dynamic Hair because of that.

merknz ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 9:41 PM

Thanks everyone, I went over and read the things on the P5 beta board .. I kinda assumed it was me rather then the product. I love the dynamic hair and got some good results with it .. but certainly looking forward to it actually bumping into my figures head :-)

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 1:50 AM
Forum Moderator

Attached Link: Fried Hair

Don't hold your breath...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.