Mon, Sep 9, 4:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Request/petition for a Male texture for V3.

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 12:56 PM · edited Wed, 28 August 2024 at 6:18 AM

Hey people! The new male morphs for V3 are pretty neat and have a lot of potential, but there aren't any textures that look good on her as him. The best we've come up with so far is a Millenium boy V2 texture. Can one of you great texture makers do a male texture for V3? Catherina? Quim? Steff? spectre3? FrankFunk? You guys do really great texture work, and we could really use one to see how well we can make V3 look as a man. It probably wouldn't be a great seller, but I know I'd buy it. And who knows? It might give you a head start on a good texture for Mike 3. Thanks!

tonymouse ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 1:18 PM

I'll second you on that PdxJims, V3 has some pretty good Mlae morphs but the textures kill it. It is all your fault as it is, that here I am with yet another Vicky. I bearly use v's 1 an 2 but you did some great stuff with her as a male. So hopfully some on will take up the chalange or I will be forced to carve up some of my mike textures and try myself and we all know how bloody that will be.

spectre3 ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 1:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1017528

Hi Jim,

Check out this thread and what Kattman did with my free V3 base texture. Might help you out a little. In the meantime, I'll look into the possiblity of making a male V3 texture. Perhaps from the same digital photo as my Brad texture :)

Spectre

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 1:45 PM

The Brad texture would be GREAT! It's one of my favorites, so much so that I try to hold off on using it too much. I've been working with a couple of hack jobs on my own, but I'm not a texturer and I know you guys can do a lot better.

tonymouse ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 1:51 PM

Spectre, That would be wonderfull, I have noticed that quite a few of your textures have mustaches and stuff (hint hint) ;) Tony

VirtualSite ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 2:23 PM

No question, Spectre's stuff wold be spectacular (huge fan here, as he knows). If someone can provide a map, I'll also give it a shot, with both clean shaven and facial-hair versions, with imagery based on photographic pieces. This poor guy needs all the help he can get. Send it to atthisstage@aol.com.

Dave ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 2:30 PM

I might take a stab at it. Guess I'll have to go get V3 now... Dave

spectre3 ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 3:23 PM

file_38144.jpg

Just a quick post. I'm taking the lazy way out and re-mapping the existing Brad Texture for Mike to the V3 template. As you can tell, I still have a ways to go, but this might give you an idea what it could look like. Did a few masculine parameter tweaks to the V3 head dials to get this initial result. What do you think so far? Think it'll work for you?

Spectre

queri ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 3:25 PM

If there's a good clean shaven texture, it's not too hard in PhotoShop to layer a moustache from another texture on it, I've layered bits from Vicki to Stephanie textures-- no they don't line up, but parts is parts and you can mix and match pretty well. It's the older eyes and facial lines that are hard to carry over. still. . . maybe after the first of the year I'll give it a try. Hm. . . I should maybe try that with Shelby which is one of my fave mil boy textures. Throw a bit of facial hair on him and see what he looks like on Victor3. And here's another taker for Brad, Spectre!!! I love Brad. Emily

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 5:47 PM

Pretty neat! It makes V3 look a lot more male. Great job, and thanks!

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 6:36 PM

file_38145.jpg

I noticed that the body tones for Angelo and Nikita were pretty close, so I tried combining the two textures to make a new male texture. I love Catherina's textures, and had to try and see. It really changes the look of V3 and gives a much more handsome and masculine appearance. I'm sorry it doesn't do justice to the beauty of your textures, Catherina. Hope you don't mind.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 9:16 PM

We're working on one.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

spectre3 ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 1:30 AM

file_38146.jpg

OK a small update to the Brad V3 conversion. Still have some work remaining before starting on the body. I'd really like to hear your comments. Good or Bad.... :)

Thanks,

Spectre

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 1:40 AM

Very good! The same texture on Mike makes him look much older than it looks on V3. Gosh your fast at this! Are you going to rename him when you put him up for sale?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.