Sun, Oct 6, 6:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Help needed exporting a Mike 2 based character

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 5:08 PM ยท edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 8:08 AM

I want to give away my Dvid Bwie based character, Aladdin 2003, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to do it. The figure is based on M2, but significantly changed; DB is 5' 9" and a hell of a lot thinner than M2. How on earth do I create a character which can be distributed without laughing at DAZ's copyright? I can't just give away a CR2, because that's prohibited. I tried spawning a whole body morph to no avail, I tried a head morph, also with no great success, and I tried saving the pose and face, which was a total waste of time. Surely there is a way to do this. Please, if you know how I can do this, give me the info in small, easy to digest (read: idiot size) chunks. TIA.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 6:35 PM

heyas; okay.... you can do this as a pose file. BUT, you can't just save a pose file and go your merry way. first, make sure the figure is in the default pose, and sized how you want it, and all set up. memorize the figure. (re-save your cr2, so if you ever re-set your figure you don't lose your character.) save the pose. select yes, save the morph channel info. now, as you know, if you used full body morphs, they aren't written to the pose file. you could set the fbm's to zero and set each individual dial to the right setting, but we're gonna avoid all THAT tediousness! now, you need a cr2 editor. you can try using a txt editor, if you know a lot about cr2's. if you don't... use a cr2 editor! there's a free one; i think there's a link in the faq. open the pose file you made on one side, and the cr2 of your character on the other. first, in the pose file, delete everything that is not a morph. (that'd be the rotations.) second, drag or copy the second BODY entry from the cr2 into the pose file. that would be the BODY entry that has channels -- ie: the fmb's you used. in the pose file, delete the stuff out of the body that you're not using. that is, the rotations. if you used body scaling, leave the scale channels in! if you scaled individual body parts (instead of, or in addition to the body scaling), you need to find those parts in the cr2 and throw their scaling information into the pose file. once you manage all that, your pose file should contain all the info needed to zap any michael figure into your character.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 6:38 PM

Aieee! Sounds like a lotta work! However, thank you; I'll give it a shot.

My Store

My Gallery

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 6:54 PM

Do you have P-Wizard by KattMan? It's got a MatMor wizard that may save you lots of time. It's $20 in the Marketplace. You save the character, open P-Wizard and the MarMor wizard, load the character, and save the morph pose. Works great for stuff like this.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 7:09 PM

pdxjims - a thousand thank yous! I just bought it, used it, and... IT WORKS PERFECTLY! I owe you - and bloodsong - a drink. :)

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.