Thu, Sep 19, 6:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: advice? 3d fractals, software

bijouchat ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 4:25 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 8:37 PM

hi :) I've gotten fairly interested in fractals for generating patterns and surfaces for 3d images. I'm playing with some freeware apps now getting the feel for what I can do with fractals as a part of my 3d toolkit, and was wanting some advice as to what commercial software might flesh out my interest a bit more. interested in your experiences with the different software, good and bad, so I can make a decision as to what to buy :)

Luc2 ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 10:33 AM

There are so much excellent freeware generator aveleble, my advice; play and understand them, you'll have months of pleasure and you'll learn fractal with them after may be you'll buy a commercial generator. To start try Fractalvizion, Cold_IFS, Tierazon 2.8 or 2.9, FractalExplorer, Sterlingware, Vchira, ChaoPro and many other I put them in order of ease to use in my opinion.

bijouchat ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 11:15 AM

oh, you mentioned some I haven't found yet, thanks! I found a plugin for IFS for PovLab (a flavour of PovRay) by now too, and what I saw done with it looks VERY cool, but I haven't tried it yet. (has anyone else?) I realise now that UltraFractal and Xenodream have no export capabilities for meshes. (though Xenodream says they will add it in a future version) I'm using FractalExplorer quite a lot now and I'm enjoying it. I have discovered that it can generate obj terrains from fractals but it coughs out when I set the size too high. :(

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.