Mon, Sep 9, 5:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Texture maping/rendering assistance needed P4/P5

OReillyTX ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2003 at 12:08 PM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 7:07 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_43527.jpg

Howdy, I am in need of some help with the way Poser 5 renders custom texmaps. I am developing some textures for Mike 2 at 4000x4000. They look rather true to life in poser 4 with no AA and even better with AA on.when I load them up in P5 the textures turn out looking like garbage,P5 renders the hairs in a very spotty way.Is there some steeings that I need to tweak to get firefly to render the texmaps properly ? I think this image illustrates my point well. Thank you in advance for any enlightenment y'all can provide.

GraphicFoxx ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2003 at 12:41 PM

In P5 render settings, make sure you change the maximum texture map size and minimum shading rate. By not changing it, P5 is basically altering your texture to be 1024 instead of your intended 4000. So up that to 4000 or 4096. And minimum shading rate is something I just discovered what it effects. I got the v3 active wear plus textures from DAZ, and the lace corset tex looked like a$$. By by lowering the shading rate, it made it look great. Default is 2.00 while production mode default is 0.500. I dropped it down to 0.001, and the texture turned out nice. I think this will help you, as the tex looked similar to how that leg hair looks. Hope that helps you out.

OReillyTX ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2003 at 12:53 PM

That did the trick,THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH !

GraphicFoxx ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2003 at 11:13 PM

Hey, no problem :)

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2003 at 11:36 PM

aaahhh ... thanks Foxx :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.