Fri, Sep 20, 3:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: My Vicky 3 deformation prob got SOLVED! :-) with latest Metacreations patch

phoenixblue ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 7:15 AM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 7:22 PM

Ok, I solved it! :-) I did install patches on my old Poser4 program, but the latest patch, installed some time ago, was directly from the person who originally programmed the product, and at the time, he claimed on his website, that it was the latest and final patch. I should have followed up developments at the Metacreations site instead! I downloaded the patch from Metacreations, and my version number now reads V 4.0.3.126 And V3 is FIXED! :-) Sorry for the trouble! There is at least one user here, who doesn't have that patch either, the one from the three girl pic, so I'm glad I'm not alone, looking stupid ;-) Anyone experiencing left collar deformation on V3 PRIOR to any posing, upgrade to V 4.0.3.126 The upgrade is free, and available at www.curiouslabs.com

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 7:24 AM

hmmmm that is interesting...Sharen

Irish ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 8:05 AM

The mystery deepens :) My Version reads 4.0.3.127 and I still have a problem with the left shoulder AFTER posing. :) Irene

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 8:12 AM

Gee, you mean the reason DAZ couldn't figure out this problem was because it was actually unique to your system, because of an bad patch? And to think you were so (publicly) upset about them not coming up with an instant fix. Don't take this the wrong way, but DAZ makes its money selling Poser stuff, I sell items there myself, your slamming them (let's be honest) for not instantly fixing something they (now obviously) couldn't duplicate or understand hurt them. Mistakes are made, doing Poser items is getting to be a very complicated thing, sometimes you have to be reasonable about getting things fixed.

rogergordian ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 8:21 AM

Attached Link: http://www.metacreations.com/

I'm not sure if you really know what you're talking about. I just visited the Metacreations web site, and there is nothing ther except pointers to the locations of the new homes of the *former* Metacreations products. That means Poser is found at the Curious Labs site. The Poser 4.03 patch is years old.

phoenixblue ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 8:41 AM

Aaargh! NOT metacreations! www.curiouslabs.com of course Slip of the tongue

phoenixblue ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 9:05 AM

@ Jim Burton: Yeah, well, if you don't shout, you get left out. I never experienced anything like this before, and I have bought many products from many sources. So I was completely stuck: I was convinced I had all the patches. And I had invested heavily into V3, because she is an awesome model. If they had told me they where continuing to think about the cause of the prob, I certainly wouldn't have shouted, because DAZ are the very best, indeed. Poser is an old proggie and it changed hands a couple of times. I patched mine up continuously as new patches became available, until somewhere I read "this is the final patch". So I didn't check out curiouslabs download area. What can I say? Does everybody else have the right patch? Well, then I guess I'm stupid. Can't help that either.

phoenixblue ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 9:10 AM

@ Irish: V3 is tremendously realistic! She's in a class of her own. She is also inmensely complex, so you have to be real careful when you pose her. Posing is an artform in itself, which requires dedication and practice. Me? I'm a lazy bum so I use ready made poses most of the time, and then I tweak those till I get what I need ;-)

Irish ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 9:35 AM

Yes, I do the same Phoenixblue - call me lazy too!! I don't mind the tweaking but I just did not know that it (the shoulder thingee)was a problem others had as well. :) Irene

_dodger ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 9:43 AM

Yeah, well, if you don't shout, you get left out. I've noticed that the people on the short bus usually talk louder than average.

barb ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 10:42 AM

Irene: > The mystery deepens :) My Version reads 4.0.3.127 and I still have a problem with the left shoulder AFTER posing.< Same problem here. And same version.

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 10:57 AM

Petunia ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 11:08 AM

this smacks of another far off entity for some reason

phoenixblue ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 11:59 AM

It's curiouslabs not meta-has-been of course, Petunia. @dodger: I may be a short bus person; you may be an interstellar traveller. Sticks and stones won't break my bones. Good day to you and have a safe lng trip to Alpha Centauri.

Roy G ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 1:41 PM

. bookmark

Just curious to see how long this goes before thread gets locked.

_dodger ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 5:21 PM

I must be a short-bus person because that Alpha Centauri bit made no sense to me whatsoever.

EricofSD ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 9:11 PM

Mine reads 4.2.1.179

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 10:28 PM

My Mac version say 4.0.3.127 so V3 shouldn't have any funky bits with the shoulder when she gets here next week :-)

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.