Fri, Sep 20, 8:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Apophysis Help Please

LordWexford ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 2:36 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:21 AM

I've just downloaded the latest version of Apophysis, and every time I try to post the UPR into UF 3 it tells me that it can't find the formula enr-flame. It doesn't appear to exist anywhere on my machine, and when I tell it to download from the formulas web-site, it's coming up with an error. Where can I find this formula, or can somebody possibly e-mail it to me? Thanks. Bernie

firefly ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 1:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=906829

Hi LordWexford, I've not tried Apophysis as yet so am quite unable to be directly helpful. I'm attaching a link that contains other information about Apophysis in the hopes you might find it or contained links helpful :)

LordWexford ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 3:54 PM

Thanks for that, some interesting info, but it still doesn't tell me where to find the missing formula!

Wub ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 5:42 PM

The enr-flame formula is in the Ultra Fractal Formula Database. I don't know what the error that you got was, but you have to be already connected to the Internet for any of UF's formula download features to work. As a last resort you could go to... http://formulas.ultrafractal.com/ ...and download the (full) collection.

firefly ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 10:43 PM

Wow, Thank you Wub for chipping in :) It's much appreciated! Let us know how that works out for you LordWexford!

LordWexford ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2003 at 2:23 AM

I was connected to the Internet as I'd already downloaded several other missing formulae. However, I've just downloaded the entire database (which took forever, even first thing on a Sunday morning!!) and even though I still get the "can't find" error message, at least now I can tell it where to look to find the thing! Thanks for the help. Bernie

firefly ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2003 at 9:35 PM

The thanks all go to Wub! I'm glad you've got a workaround going for you LordWexford :)

tresamie ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 8:03 PM

I actually get the same message, but if you wait a moment, it will offer you the option of using the formula that shows up in the box with the message. I am too lazy to investigate the problem, but I just choose that option and off it goes!

Fractals will always amaze me!

sofie-filo ( ) posted Sun, 23 March 2003 at 1:49 PM

If you haven't done so already you'll need to download the full formula collection. In Ultra Fractal select "Update Public Formulas" from the Options menu. In the dialog that appears make sure that "Full formula collection" is selected an click OK (you need to be already connected to the Internet for this to work). Now in Apophysis go to the "Flame UPR" tab of the Options dialog (from the Tools menu) and change "enr3.ucl" where it appears to "enr.ucl". Hopefully then everything should work OK.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.