Sun, Sep 22, 3:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: animation spin problem

vernonglen ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 12:13 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:42 AM

This is probably an easy fix, but I cannot figure it out. I built an object (a ship) and gave it a spin setting on its Z axis. And it works fine, that is, it spins. Then I built a gear shape. I rotated it so that it is horizontal, and placed it under the ship. I grouped the two objects, the ship and the gear, and then gave the grouped object a spin setting too, after centering the hot point. As the group spins about its Z axis the ship part rotates about its own axis too. Similar to a Bavarian Coo Coo Clock. But as it rotates the gear expands on its Z axis, it gets thicker. What am I not doing correctly?? Vernglen

graylensman ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 12:39 PM

My guess: that maybe you inadvertently resized your gear object somewhere down your timeline...

bluetone ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 1:26 PM

I would agree. The one thing that gets me CONSTANTLY, is making changes to an objects geometry, only to find I'm somewhere else on the timeline, and have just added a mistaken keyframe! ARGH! ;>

Kixum ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 7:53 PM

Yep. -Kix

-Kix

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.