Thu, Oct 3, 12:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Poser 5 to Vue 4 - Please Help

StolenHeart20 ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 3:55 PM ยท edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 2:49 AM

I really do want to get the transparent part to look good all the hair and stuff that need to be transparent dont wanna work. I tried export (.obj) and still no good. What can I do there much be a way to fix this. I really wanna be able to do my art. But this is holding me back.

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 4:09 PM

At the current time, Vue 4 will only export pz3 files out of Poser 4. The export utilizes the Poser executable in the process, and it must be a validly registered exe to work. That said, you -can- do some things in P5 and export them...at least as long as you have P4 installed as well. My current set up has P4 and P5 in seperate folders; I install everything into the p4 runtime, and link it to P5. If you copy the geometry and cr2's for the non dynamic clothing and figures from P5 into the P4 runtime, you can then export them into Vue. E-on and CL are working on getting P5 to export, but at the moment there is no support for the shaders or dynamics.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 4:14 PM

It would be so great if they can. I have both pro pack and 5 but I would love to export from 5 to Vue. Marque

fretshredder ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 5:31 PM

until either someone at E-On or CuriousLabs does something about it ... Vue4 will require poser4 to be on one's machine. Apparently, it is a trivial thing to patch since CL' drop their wacky registration thingy ... but politics and all are preventing us from enjoying a patch. This is a rather hot topic at E-onsoftware's Knowlegebase and Feedback areas. Try a search over there for "poser 5 vue 4" or some similar type search... it's wacky really ;-)

sandoppe ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 10:13 PM

Yes....the post at Eon is a hot one :) I've contributed to it mightily. Definitely politics here.....a bunch of babies who never learned how to share their toys. This cannot be that hard to fix in P5, especially if it works in P4! This is a CL problem in my opinion. I think Eon has tried to get a solution, but CL has to provide the code before Eon can do their part. I'm sick of it and frankly I don't look for it to ever be fixed. Just another reason to hope that DAZ Studio provides a Vue plug-in.

Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2003 at 6:47 AM

If you are able to get the file into Vue and some transparency doesn't look right, hit F6 and look for the material in question. Double-click on its icon to open the Material Editor; go to the Transparency tab and set "Global Transparency" to 100 percent.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.