Tue, Sep 3, 8:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 02 7:24 pm)

Subject: musclebound mike, mac computer, can't use tailor

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 8:03 AM · edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 10:14 PM

Hi, well I bought Mike 2 from Daz, then I bought musclebound Mike just today. Now Mike came with morphing clothes that don't fit Musclebound Mike. I've fiddled around with the scaling dials, but I can't help thinking how easy it would be if I had tailor. But they don't make tailor for the mac, so I'm stuck with a half naked mike (the trousers sort of fit better). I wonder why they don't just use the Tailor at Daz and then sell the clothes with the morphs. I would buy them again just to have them fit. Love Esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 2:43 PM

I sympathise with you about the lack of several utilities (e.g. Tailor, UVMapper Pro) that make Poser a crippled app in Mac OS. Unfortunately, now that Mac user share has dropped to 3%, there's just no economic justification for programmers to remedy the situation. We can only hold our hats in our hands and humbly beg them to throw us a scrap, and maybe out of the kindness of their hearts, they'll oblige.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 5:48 PM

Are you sure we are only 3%? that doesn't seem like much. Oh well, it's sad. More naked Mikie. Love esther

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 6:33 PM

We are more than 3% (hell, even in the business world, we are more than that... so don't pass along unfiltered garbage.) :pfffft!: Poser isn't crippled just because YOUR favorite third-party app doesn't work with it. That is as short-sighted as saying that PhotoShop is crippled because you can't use a plug-in from some tiny 1 person company with it. Get it? The Tailor and UVMapper are made by 1 person. EACH. A single person has limited time. He might not even own a full range of machines. I've been patiently waiting for Steve Cox to translate his Pro version of UVMapper, but I can still use his generously provided free one. He is a new father and quite probably would rather work on the port than change diapers and walk the kid at 2 a.m., but I can't argue with his priorities. Meanwhile, claiming that a program made by another company is crippled because he as an individual hasn't jumped through your hoop is blatant nonsense. As for Tailor? I have never felt the need for it. You can cut & paste across dials if you need more morph targets. You can use Martin's MacConstructer instead of Morph Manager. You can learn to use magnets. Yes, the Tailor makes it easy... but maybe it is a crutch for users who really are crippled by their laziness? Carolly

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 6:49 PM

Well I guess if we really wanted to know what percent of mac users are buying mac things then Daz would have those figures as the download is different for mac of not mac. I know I buy a lot of stuff from Daz. So this cutting and pasting of morph dials? I tried just cutting and pasting the morph dial settings from Michael 2 to his own michael 2 morphing clothes, and it didn't work. I had to enter them all in manually. Does that sound right to you? I still don't think I'll be able to get musclebound mike to fit into M2 clothes though - I'm not that good with poser yet. Love Esther

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.