Wed, Sep 18, 11:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Problem with PNGs in Poser Pro Pack

seaayre ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 2:00 PM ยท edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 4:55 AM

I just upgraded from Poser 4 to Pro Pack, and notice that some of my library files don't have an image anymore. Just a blank circle in place of an image. I checked, and there are PNGs in these files. Why won't they display? ::puzzled::

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 2:10 PM

Some .png files don't display quite right in Poser. If you use yarp's P3D0 Explorer and the .png<->.rsr converter plug in, you can fix them up.

iamonk ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 4:05 PM

This problem has been asked before, so a search for PNG will most likely give you more help. Basically...if a PNG doesn't have any transparency info, Poser gets confused. Here's a quick fix if you use Paint Shop Pro, other apps should be similar... #1 Open the PNG in PSP #2 The picture is considered a "background" at the moment, you want to "convert to layer". #3 Choose the eraser and erase one pixal, whichever one you like(I prefer a corner) #4 Save That is all.

seaayre ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 4:25 PM

Hmm. P3D0 didn't work, but erasing the pixel did. :) Thank you for the responses!

iamonk ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 4:46 PM

No problem, this is the simplest fix I found.

Spit ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 7:34 PM

If you use Photo-paint, open the .png, CTRL-A to select all, then resave.

yggdrasil ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 11:51 AM

And for PhotoShop, open .png double click layer, OK, save.

Mark

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.