Thu, Sep 19, 9:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: V2 & Updo Hair?

fretshredder ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 9:02 PM ยท edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 10:02 PM

I am attempting to use the Updo (version 1) hairpiece that comes bundled with V2. Problem is (and I hope it's just me) when I attempt to apply one of the MAT poses to it (i.e. "No bangs" etc) ... the poses are not being applied. Upon closer inspection of the pz2 there is no transparency specified, and there are no other transparencies in the DAZ/hair directory in the RUNTIME/TEXTURES/ directory either (just the default one for the default hair - UpDoTr.jpg) I am confused as to why these MATs won't apply ... anyone know the answer will get a cookie mailed to you from me :-)

SWAMP ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 3:01 AM

Why this is happening is you do not have have the hair selected before you apply the mat pose. Also when you use pose files like the "No bangs",it does not use any tex/trans mats(the reason you didn't find any),it just sets the transparency level to 100% with no textures applied. SWAMP

SWAMP ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 3:02 AM

BTW...I like Oreo's

fretshredder ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 8:20 AM

heheheh oreo's it is then ... but I DO have the hair selected before I apply the MAT pose, that's why I am confused as to why the MAT pose is not applied

SWAMP ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 3:38 PM

Well..and this not just for the UpDo...I could swear I have the hair selected.I've clicked on it..got the red outline..but it still really wasn't selected. The only way I know for sure,is to check the dials...if the dial title says"hair"or "UpDo"..then it is selected. And of course you won't see any change untill you render...the dotted outline(I call them "ants")will still show the complete hair. Sorry I couldn't help more,SWAMP

fretshredder ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 4:17 PM

SWAMP -- that's quite alright. I will try what you suggest again to make double sure. I could swear it has worked for me in the past....maybe overlooking something obvious (heh.. it happens) Thanks for your input it is appreciated :-) /gz

fretshredder ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 6:16 PM

just an update. I reinstalled the updo package and for whatever reason it's all systems go. MATs are working properly ...now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

SWAMP ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 6:50 PM

Good!!..must have been a corrupt file..Poser likes to do that when it's bored. SWAMP

fretshredder ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 6:52 PM

true enough ... LOL

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.