Thu, Sep 19, 5:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Room interior (WIP)

jasonmit ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 10:18 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 8:01 AM

file_57389.jpg

Here's a room I'm working on. The painting on the wall is done in Bryce with a canvas texture applied in Photoshop. The desk and chair were modeled in Bryce with a little help from Object Generator (the chair legs and chair back vertical rods are actually tall, skinny vases ). The wallpaper and floor were created with textures from Lemox. Still need to do: * Better ceiling * More furniture * Model books * Model room accessories Possibly will do: * Model and add baseboard * Model painting frame * Create own wallpaper mat * Create own floor mat Any other ideas/sggestions?

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 10:45 PM

curtains..?;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

jasonmit ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 11:01 PM

Eek. I think curtains are way beyond my current ability.

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 12:42 AM

You're doing great. Aside from your observations, I have two. Put the painting closer to the wall... the shadow is too large. And change the trees, the look very similar as in very close to mirror images. Maybe a Bible on the desk with some paper and a quill pen in a modern type ink well. A trash basket on the side of the desk with crumpled paper in it. (lattices) Curtains are easy enough to do if you have a modeler. If not, go to your terrain editor, select one of the rolling hills fractals that seems to be lined up evenly (or use PTE if you have a P.C.) Then stretch the terrain long and taper the bottom end.

Innovator ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 12:44 AM

curtains are fairly easy actually, I can show you some screenshots a lil later on if youd like. I think they would really help the image. Also, the long shadow on th painting looks unnatural, so maybe some work with the lighting. Good start so far :-)

MuddyGrub ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 12:44 AM

Maybe an electrical outlet or two?

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 12:48 AM

file_57390.jpg

er, rounded dunes instead of rolling hills, sorry. And you can't taper in Bryce, have to export your terrain and tweak it in another proggy like metasequoia, but here's a set of curtains in Bryce using terrains.

BecSchm ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 1:06 AM

If you move the camera forward into the scene a little, the room will look more realistic. Most rooms don't have this much empty floor space. (unless you meant for it to be a really big room, then nevermind!)

Flak ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 1:09 AM

Its looking like a good solid start so far. Maybe move the light a bit further away form the wall to shrink the extent of the shadow from the painting. Also, a bit of work on the window sills and framing that holds the window to the house walls would make that part looks a lot better. Could also add a skirting board around the wall/floor join, but that may be what you call a baseboard.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 1:19 AM

Aye, the trees outside need to be randomized. Curtains, or cloth of any kind, is a piece of cake in Bryce! Try using the KPT-3 Gradient Designer. You'll be making cool cloth in no time... Other than that, the scene looks great! If anything, make MORE props, and maybe make the windows openable...

serendipity ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 1:22 AM

This is a great start! I agree about changing the camera angle. I think if it's pulled into the scene a little more, it will make the viewer feel as if he's actually in the room. I tried making curtains using the terrain editor once. They didn't turn out as nicely as the example shown above, but if I can do it, anyone can ;) How about a potted plant? A comfy chair and some throw pillows? When can I move in? heh heh

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 1:49 AM

Looking good.

jasonmit ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 2:43 AM

Wow, I go watch a movie for a few hours and I come back to tons of suggestions. Thanks, all! I'm totally surprised people noticed the trees. They are exact duplicates. ;-) I'll try the curtain suggestions. Flak, what do you mean about the window area? And, yes, skirting board = baseboard.

Flak ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 2:53 AM

I mean the wooden window framing that covers the sides of the bricks (if you live in a brick house) that you'd see in the hole that the window is put in. Umm, the framing that is attached to the house that a slide window would slide up down in.... I'll try and find a pic for ya - think that'll be the easiest.

Digital WasteLanD

jasonmit ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 3:11 AM

Look forward to it. I definitely need to redo the windows.

Erlik ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 5:35 AM

And now, the list. :-) Increase the scale of the floorboards, so they are smaller. Increase the scale of the board grain texture on the desk, so it's also smaller. Chair, possibly, too, but I cannot see the grain properly. for the ceiling, use pure white with a smooth plaster texture for bump. (Take care of the scale.) There are appropriate textures on animax.it and mayang.com. The wallpaper looks pretty good, but you should possibly decrease the Ambience value. Ditto for the rest of the textures. Pull the camera closer to the desk. Or not, depends on what will be in the rest of the room. For the light, try creating a small light globe, five or six of them in a spherical form and very close to each other, with a very small light value. You'll get softer shadows. Another light (lamp) on the desk would be good. You might also put a darker texture on the sky, so there's a reason why the lights are burning. For curtains, IIRC, www.baument.com has a set of curtains in 3ds format. HTH.

-- erlik

Flak ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 6:48 AM

file_57391.jpg

OK, found a pic of what I mean. Its that sort of external frame thing.

Digital WasteLanD

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 7:08 AM
Forum Moderator

Minor thing.....we call them 'skirting boards'. They are pieces of wood that are fitted to walls to make a nice join with the floor...........almost everyone forgets them.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

bulldawg66 ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 8:43 AM

I agree, baseboards where the floors and walls meet. Also agree with ericofsd, shadows are too big. But then I also wouldn't have it so bright in the room with it being such a bright sunny day outside the windows. Just a thought.

sdnoble ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 8:51 AM

file_57392.jpg

Don't forget the cornices at the cieling junction, and personally I love picture rails.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 9:52 AM
Forum Moderator

I think cornices are optional. We don't usually have them over here or picture rails. Certainly not in new houses.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

draculaz ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 10:36 AM

the marble-ish ceiling texture has got to go.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 11:11 AM

I have both in my apartment (crown mouldings and plate or picture rail). They seem to be a feature of older (pre-50's) style buildings. Newer places are lacking such or have very much abbrevited versions. At least for Montreal, that is.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

EricofSD ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 12:36 AM

Attached Link: http://www.annsartgallery.com/fp.html

And, don't forget, for a relatively CHEAP price tag you can get IMSI floor plan. www.floorplan.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.