Fri, Sep 20, 5:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: A WIP and a small request

el_jefe52 ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 11:22 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 7:17 AM

file_59685.jpg

Hi all, I'm making a pic for a friend who is a big Cher fan. I call it "Dark Lady". I thought at one time there was a Tarot Deck available, but cannot remember where or who made it. Any idea on where I can pick one up. Either free or for a fee is OK.

Any ideas on what else would make this pic better would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Robin
(Just another old hippy) :)

BeatYourSoul ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 11:51 PM

Some shadows... :) Note that the table and chairs almost appear to float because there are no real shadows on the floor upon which they are supposed to be resting. All of those shadow-cams and you'd think that you could get a somewhat realistic shadowing. (This is why I deposited my nickel and stopped using Poser for renders.) BYS

onnetz ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 12:19 AM

it might help to increase the shadow map size.... c4d does the same thing if objects are too small.. render times will be slower though....

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 1:07 AM

cardspic.jpg
I have a free card deck here. Not Tarot cards though, but that's only a matter of re-texturing them. I have seen other make them into Tarot cards so I know it's doable :o) And yes, the pic needs some shadows, but apart from that it's great :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

HaiGan ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 2:08 AM

A shadow trick I've tried is rendering once over the background, and then again without a background, saving both in a format that includes an alpha channel (such as TIF). Import the second as a new layer into the first, load the alpha channel as a mask, and then insert a new layer between them and paint the shadows onto that. Play with blur and transparency to blend things together. It does need a bit of working out as to how the shadows would actually fall given the direction of the light, but it can improve on the results of Poser's shadow rendering. Tarot deck, though, I can't help you there. If you have a deck yourself you could perhaps scan in a spread and paste that onto a square prop as a texture?

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 6:12 AM

El Jefe, There is a slight problem with composition in that the column appears to be growing out of the chair in back and the table lamp appears to be growing from the top of the seated lady's head. If you move your camera maybe 10 degrees to the right (while still pointing towards the table) it will offset the figures enough to separate them visually. Your Dark Lady will be a bit more central, too. I'd also recommend going to RDNA and getting one of Traveler's free light packs for dramatic spotlighting (although vivid lights, hell lights, and corpse lights could be interesting to try out - colored light can help with unity and mood). The spotlight sets have the shadows worked out, too. Before rendering, go up into the heirarchy editor and be sure that the eye is "on" next to ground plane or whatever you are throwing shadows against. Hope this helps, Carolly

el_jefe52 ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 8:29 AM

Thanks for the suggestions all. The render was done without shadows, as I'm still trying to come up with a light set that I like. I'm using two standard lights, both a medium brown, a dark brown spotlight and a dark purple spotlight. Am thinking of adding in a red spotlight for highlights. Ernyoka1: I have your card set and was thinking about using that if nothing else turned up. Thanks, I use them off and on, and appreciate your giving them to us. hauksdottir: Yeah, know about the composition thing. Funny thing is that when I had the purple spotlight set to a light blue, that problem doesn't appear. Guess I'll just have to re-adjust the camera angle. Will work on this again tonite when I get home from work. I'll try to use the suggestion that you've given, and see what I can do. (All this just because my boss' wife said she was a big Cher fan. ) :) Robin

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 8:46 AM

Very nice....hey I like that table....shhhh...sorry just had to say it...Sharen

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 9:32 AM

file_59686.jpg

el jefe52, It's probably not much help but there was a partial Tarot deck released in freestuff a while back (my timestamp shows I installed them 1/11/99). Here's a reduced sample of one of the cards (front & back) in hopes someone else might recognize who made them & if they are still available anywhere

el_jefe52 ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 10:38 AM

Cooler: I thought so also, but when I went searching thru my Poser files last nite (over 30,000 files), I didn't run across it. I use WhereIsIt to catalog my files, and did a search on Tarot with no luck. If someone has those texs, it would sure help. Sharon: Well, thought ya might. Used several items from Sams3D in the pic, actually. They will show up better once I have the lighting set the way I want. Robin

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 11:58 AM

LOL...yes I noticed...I love seeing others use them. Sharen Thank you!

lhiannan ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 12:23 PM

Attached Link: http://groups.msn.com/TheBleakJourney/

I am involved in a project creating a Tarot deck for a fictional world. The deck is still WIP but we do intend to have a full deck with poser props. http://groups.msn.com/TheBleakJourney/ http://groups.msn.com/TheBleakJourney/endeavor.msnw http://groups.msn.com/TheBleakJourney/thebleaktarot.msnw

artnik ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 1:35 PM

Just a small item. The crystal ball is a solid sphere of crystal. The way yours looks, it appears to be a hollow bubble. Bryce has some great glass and crystal settings, there might even be some here at R'osity for use.

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 2:37 PM

FWIW, if you have them installed, the texture maps will be found in the Poser 3 Textures folder. The names of the cards & attendant textures are.... the magician.. Tc-ma01.tif the emperor.. Tc-ma03.tif the lovers.. Tc-ma04.tif the hanged man.. Tc-ma12.tif the moon.. Tc-ma17.tif the star.. Tc-ma18.tif the world.. Tc-ma21.tif swords.. TC-swrd01.tif Template.. Tctmplt0.tif Blank Template.. TCtmplt01.tif

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.