Tue, Sep 3, 6:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 02 7:24 pm)

Subject: looking for a mike tex with veins

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 6:11 PM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 10:01 PM

I've noticed some great Mike renders where he has veins on his muscular arms, but I can't find a texture like that anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get this.
Love Esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

aenaous ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 10:22 PM

I'm looking for something like this too,maybee a bump map would do the job...

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 7:24 AM

There are textures somewhere. I've seen some great renders. I think it's not done with bump maps but I could be wrong. I'm fairly new to poser. Love Esther

shazz501 ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 8:04 AM

you could try checking out the raven textures by Daio in the marketplace http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=2674 this might be what you are looking for,i think i have seen some renders with him and it might be what you are discribing,i hope this helps

raven ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 9:10 AM

file_59922.jpg

There is a vascular map at DAZ for Michael in one of the character packs (Michael 2 Character Pack 1). In fact, I got the character pack myself specifically for the vein map :) Here's a quick render (using it as a displacement map at 0.1) in P5 showing it.

Lawndart ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 3:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3-AXIS.com

Man! That's sweet! I love P5 displacement!

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 6:59 PM

That looks exactly what I want! I haven't got P5 yet as I have a mac, but maybe it would also look okay in P4. I really like that character too - texture + morphs - how did you get him? Love Esther

raven ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2003 at 7:43 AM

file_59923.jpg

Thanks. It's Michael2, the texture is James (goatee version) from PoserStyle, and it's the bodybuilder character from the character pack with the vein map that's available at DAZ that I mentioned in my previous post. The pose is from a set called Mike's power poses that used to be available for free at DAZ. Here's a Pro-Pack render that shows you it in P4's renderer. Enjoy! :)

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 4:22 AM

Thanks. I thought it was Darius from Daz and nearly went out and bought it. I will look at James. He still looks great even in poser 4. Very very nice! Love Esther PS talking of the body builder mike. Do you use him much. I found I can't get clothes that fit him, and since I've got a mac I can't have tailor.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 5:15 AM

I just went to poserstyle but when I put "james" into their search box, nothing came up for him. Are you sure that's where you got him from? I'm not a member of poserstyle (yet). Love Esther

raven ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 10:12 AM

It's definately James from Poserstyle :). At Poserstyle, click on the Content-15 link in the Members Section sidebar, and you will see him. Regarding clothing for muscular Mike's, I know they do a morphing clothes pack for Mike at DAZ that contains all the morphs. I have a PC and the Tailor, so I am at an advantage.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 6:54 AM

Hi, yes thanks so much. I found him! I have gone and bought the daz character pak to get the bump map of veins. Now the big decision - Darius or James, James or Darius. what do I do???? If I get James I can join poserstyle and get tons of other stuff too. If I get Darius he's so cute and he's got poses and character poses I think. Hmmm. Love Esther

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.