Fri, Sep 20, 9:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: custom-morphed V3 head question

Fatale ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2003 at 9:00 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:33 PM

There are a few products/freebies I've seen that provides the V3 head morph in an INJ pose, but it uses the included V3 morph deltas and merely uses a combination of it. Recently, I've made a head morph with magnets alone (no Poser5 face-room access, so sticking to the good ol' magnets lol), and was wondering if I can distribute it with editing the OBJ file to be vertice-only (like how V1 and V2 morphs are allowed to be distributed), or is there somehow a way that I can make it an INJ pose? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :)

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2003 at 9:53 AM

You can make it into an injection file. It is much smaller that way. What you have to do, though, is edit a pz2 to use your delta information and one of the blank channels that Daz provided in V3. An easy start is to take an existing inj pose, replace the delta information with the delta information of your new morph, and change the morph name to one of the CC-# channels. There are some pretty good threads on this over at PoserPros, and I am working on a tutorial, although I have been swamped, so it is going slow. As far as I know, there is no problem with distributing a morph obj, as long as it is stripped and is all your custom work. :D

Fatale ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2003 at 10:41 AM

@RealitysPoison : thanks :) , I'll look there, see if i can find some.. any links you have tho? @Ratteler : I didnt even load in any DAZ V3 morphs when making the face, I've sorta remolded the whole face shape, forehead and cheeks to make it rounder without the puffiness that you get if you used the DAZ morphs. The OBJ load with face file thing I'm aware of already, but thanks, I appreciate the tip ;) I've also tried some OBJ into INJ progs, but somehow the deltas are out or I'm just plain stupid .. cant get any results.

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2003 at 11:06 AM

Here are two, not specific to V3, but give the basic ideas. http://www.poserpros.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5294 http://www.poserpros.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29 And here is one where Jaager helped me fix mine. :D http://www.poserpros.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11883 I had the same problem getting the obj to inj progs to work with the morphs I made from mags. :( Still trying to figure out why. :D Hope these help a bit. Maybe after I get home from our rainy picnic today I will try to finish that tut. :D

Jaager ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2003 at 1:53 PM

[Step 5: Export your morph target as an OBJ. Step 6: CLOSE POSER, clear out everything. Step 7: Load Poser, V3 and the Face or Pose file you made in Step 2. Step 8: Load your OBJ made in step 5.] These steps are unnecessary. Once you Spawn a new morph, that morph IS deltas. Just save the deltas, that is, save the figure as a new *.cr2. Make sure you REM all morphs before you do. In fact, REM all morphs before you Spawn, this way - only the effect of your magnets will be saved as deltas (the new morph.) About the only time it is necessary to Export a morph target is if you need to work on it in a modeling ap. You can copy the new morph into an injection pose and delete the previous occupant using MM4. If, when you Spawn, you name the morph after one of the community channels: PBMCC_13 for example (you have a choice of 1-50 for the head), you will not need to next edit the channel name. Before you save, double lick on the new morph and bring up its parameters window (or bring up settings in P5) and change the dial name to be that of your character and set the limits to min 0 max 1.0 and the key to 1.0. This way, it shows with your name when injected, and somes in full on.

ShadowRose ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2003 at 1:58 PM

I have no idea, but please hurry so I can buy it from you ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.