Tue, Sep 3, 8:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 02 7:24 pm)

Subject: moving a character around

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 10:11 PM · edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 10:14 PM

Hi, I put Mike's neck tie from his suit coat pack onto vickie 3 and conformed it to her, but now I want to move the tie but the trans dials don't do anything even though the scale dials do. I'm probably missing something obvious but I'm fairly new to poser and I don't know what is wrong. love Esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

shazz501 ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2003 at 9:12 AM

i hope i get this right,if not someone with more experience than me will correct me,once an item of clothing is conformed it basically stays put,you can rotate,twist,bend it etc,but not move the trans,a way around it is instead of conforming the clothing is to parent it to the figure,in the case of the neck tie,resize it and postion it where you want it,then go to set figure parent (not sure which poser version your using but in poser 5 its under Figure in the menu) and choose figure 1 neck from the list,i hope this helps :)

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2003 at 9:30 AM

I believe conforming clothing can be scaled with the "Body" of the item selected and moved with the "Hip" selected. If the item has no "hip" part, it should have some type of central or main part, like "head" or "abdomen." Try those. For example, if I conform a pair of shorts to Mike, I can make the shorts smaller by selecting the body of the shorts and using the scale dial. But if I want to move the shorts lower on Mike, I have to select the hip of the shorts then use the Ytrans dial.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2003 at 8:19 PM

oh okay. I'm at work right now but I'll try those things when I'm home. Thanks. Love Esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.