Sat, Sep 21, 6:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Moon (and spheres) skewed in vertical view

draklava ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 3:21 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:36 PM

file_63612.jpg

I'm having a problem where I'm trying to make a vertical view of scene and it is distoring my moon. In the attached image you can see the horizontal view has a nice circular full moon but the vertical view it is skewed.

The moon is in the same place - the only thing that changed is the view (from horizontal to vertical)

I tried using a sphere instead of a planet (moon) and it does the same thing - good sphere horizontal bad sphere vertical.

A second question if anyone knows... I want the moon to be orange/yellow - any ideas on changing the color of the planet (I could put a texture on a sphere but was wondering if there is a way to make the planet a different color)

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 3:34 PM

For this kind of views, don't use Vue's moon, but a simple sphere mapped with a high resolution moon jpg. You can find such bitmaps in having a look in our Backroom (free textures, close to the bottom of the lists). Use spotlights to lighten it:-) Guitta

draklava ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 3:39 PM

Gebe - I tried that but the sphere looks good horizontal and is still diagnol in the vertical view

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 4:52 PM

Attached Link: http://arcana.daz3d.com/tutorial.php?id=1

Try playing with camera parameters - focal and field of view. When you make your image vertical, your moon may be distorted because of the geometry of the camera. This link gives you a better explanation - it is for poser but it remains valid for Vue as well.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.