Thu, Oct 3, 12:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Once again ... Poser to Cinema

StolenHeart20 ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 2:02 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 6:41 PM

I really dont get how to get the BVH "bones" from Poser/V 1/2/3 to attach on to the Imported figure in Cinema.. wolf how did you once say you used to do it.. I have P5 so as you can see where iam coming from. Ive been getting very good with Cinema8 but I cant get the bone to be attached to the figure so I can more it there one unclear step im not doing as everything as in alignment is already correct. Damn what a headache this is ... if someone knows where a good ass tutorial is let me know...

StolenHeart20 ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 3:39 PM

Please.. :-/

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 9:43 PM

You have to assign vertex maps to the mesh and restriction tags to the bones with references to the vertex maps in them. You can use Set Vertex Weight or use the ClaudeBonet tool if you have the MOCCA module. So, if not using ClaudeBonet, for the left leg, select all of the polygons of it. Go to main menu -> Selection -> Set Vertex Weight. A Vertex Map tag will appear in the tags for the mesh. Give it a unique name, like VM_LeftLeg. Then, add a Restriction Tag to one of the bones in the left leg and enter the name of the Vertex Map in the restriction field (Tag Properties). Copy this tag to all of the other left leg bones (Ctrl+drag). The bones of the left leg will now influence the left leg mesh (and only the left leg mesh). Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

swfreeman ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 2:47 AM

lol :D well well.. sounds like a little bit of work :D have fun with the fingers :p

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 7:38 AM

Its an extrodinarily tedious process due to the complexity of poser meshes, and you still my have to ad placeholder bones to help control the mesh deformation. thats why i have stayed with C4DXL7.3 and the poser propack for character animation imports

My website

YouTube Channel

swfreeman ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 8:41 AM

yeah.... when your not doing animation is posing in poser and exporting to cinema the better way

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 9:04 AM

While I agree that it is a tedious process, it is no more than any equivalent bone rig on a non-Poser character (in almost any other 3D app). Poser uses other means to control mesh deformation (not necessarily the best), so, yes, you may need control bones as well. Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.