Thu, Sep 19, 9:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Applying a pose and the mysterious runaway finger!??!

fretshredder ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 12:56 AM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 8:59 AM

file_65549.jpg

Howdy gang!!

I am working on something and ran into the weirdest thing. Using Danie and Marfono and Abraham's new Mansion set I was applying a pose. When I applied the pose the Left Ring 1 finger joint jumped waaaaaaaaaay outta place. There is no IK turned on, and I am not sure what I need to do to get that derned finger joint back in place. Can someone help me out?

See the attached image as a visual aid

Hey, TIA
/gz

The 4th Party ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 2:20 AM

try edit/restore/element that shoutd put it back into place, then bend it with the dials

steveshanks ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 5:33 AM

Vicky 3 right?....i had exactly the same thing with a pair of gloves and spent ages trying to fix it till i realised its one of those quirks like the mike collar....to fix it do like 4th partys says...Steve

mountainmaster ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 5:38 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3duniverse.co.za/freestuff.asp

Is this V3? 3D Universe has a fix for this.

Simderella ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 6:07 AM

yeah, if its V3 get that free V3 finger lock tool, it instantly fixes the 'broken finger' look. It doesn't lock the hand in place it just shifts the fingers along the z-axis (i think) and they go back to looking perfect!!! I use it all the time ;)

My Gallery

fretshredder ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 11:39 AM

Excellent! Thank you all for the help. Yes I am using V3, and yes that 3D universe fix (as well as 4th party's suggestion) worked like a charm. That was definitely a first for me (seeing the finger joint shoot out like that when not using some sort of IK).. Thanks again all... back to rendering!!! /gz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.