Fri, Sep 20, 7:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Anyone here use 3D studio Max/

trogboy ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 2:08 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:30 AM

besides propacks pz3 to max plugin does anyone know of another perhaps free plugin that will export both models and animation sequence into 3d studio max? i know there is a bodystudio software but i want a free one.

trogboy ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 2:18 PM

PS one of you messaged me a personal message saying check gordonttg info I really cant stress the word FREE enough. im not ready to spend another 200 bucks for a plugin

KarenJ ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 2:27 PM

There isn't a free one that will import animations. Obj2Max from Habware will import a still model, that's it. Basically, if you want it, you're going to have to pay. Creating a plug-in to import animations would be such a mammoth task that I can't imagine ANYONE doing it and releasing it for free.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

trogboy ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 2:35 PM

if there was a high enough demand for it I would have to disagree. Some college student who codes for fun might do it. allthough it may be more buggier then propacks old plugin. My problem is this.. right now im using r3 with propacks plugin. i have no problem with import the peoples poser3 model with animation I can render fine in max but the moment i use the character male or female models of different races and attach clothes to them my max will shut down. Someone told me to set Max to priority to get more ram allocated to it. but that doesnt work. max just goes to sleep. im assuming its because of the large amount of polygon/faces that its importing. i dont know enough about computers to understand why its doing that,. Also i own a product called MiMic for poser 4 which is a lipsync software. it too crashes max. Im on a brand new computer. all 4 of my computers have this problem My new computers specs are these P4 2.53GHZ 512 DDR Nvideo Graphics card GeForce whats happening.. why do some sequences work and some crash max. i mean completly shut it down. it doesnt lock it up like a memory problem but max just goes to sleep. nothing wrong with dongle cable wither.

Georgous ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 2:53 PM

did you set the tracking to full tracking after you imported the model?

spurlock5 ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 3:06 PM

If you are using Max 3.1, then BodyStudio is not an option since it only works with 4.2 and 5.x. The Habware plugins are max2obj and obj2max and are available at www.habware.at. They're free but they output a separate obj file for each frame. You can assemble them in Max but it is a real hassle. There is Maximum Pose II. They have a demo version but the commercial version is about $100. What it does is to convert the pz3 into a maxscript. The website is www.ev.ca/konan. I used the Poser Pro Pack plugin for a while with Max 2.5. I had the same problem but I was running on a Pentium II with 512 MB of memory. It seemed to crash more with the larger files. When I moved to Max 4.2, I got a faster machine with 512 MB of memory and it worked fine. It was still slow. Your machine should be adequate. How crowded is your hard disk? If mainframe memory is insufficient for applications, Windows uses disk space as memory. Also, I seem to recall some messages about Norton's antivirus being a problem there but it has been some time since I used the PPP plugin.

trogboy ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 3:11 PM

Georgous asked:did you set the tracking to full tracking after you imported the model" yes i did. As a matter of fact in box tracking there is no crash. There is no model of course either :D but full and the option inbetween will crash max. im testing to see if its a texture problem now

trogboy ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 3:15 PM

spurlock thanks for the info.. i used Max Pose II and it only does like 30k of faces at a time. so i would be forced to purchase it. i dont like it because any ani sequence higher then 4 seconds take forever to load in max script. so ide be better off waiting until i get max5 and purchase bodystudio. thanks again

Georgous ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 3:17 PM

I dont think textures would affect it much since the imported texcoordinates show up fine in the material editor. Do you want to import the animatons into max or are you just trying to get a good poser model in.If you just want to get the model in habware should work fine theres another here in the marktplace its good for import export but not animation. Heres the link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=19862

trogboy ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 3:21 PM

Although i dont consider it a double post since im trying to talk to both software users.. i posted a simular question in the 3D studio Max forum. please read my replies there. one of the users I believe works for or help code a plugin I believe called BodyStudios.. he believe he says he knows the guy who created CL.

stewer ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 3:37 PM

That's Josh who wrote to you - BodyStudio for 3ds Max is the best known solution for getting Poser scenes into 3ds max. Really. And I would be very surprised if he did not know Larry.

trogboy ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 3:42 PM

You would be or wouldnt be? LOL was that a typo or do you doubt him?

stewer ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 3:59 PM

I'm pretty sure they know each other. Sure sure.

trogboy ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 8:42 PM

lol.. well i will accept that as sarcasm. anyways yeah it looks like the P4 textures could be the culprit so looks like someone may know what they were talking about. so now how do I fix this bug? PS i only tested one model let me trash max with a few more detailed models first before we can say for sure. but i made 2 Identical models one with the P4 Women texture and one without and when i loaded the model with no texture and ran the play button in maxs animat mode in full tracking mode nothing happened but when i loaded the one with a texture as soon as full tracking was on and i played the sequence it just shut down. so let me try others.. ill get back ot you guys

reiss-studio ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 11:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.reiss-studio.com

"lol.. well i will accept that as sarcasm." ok, now I'm confused. :) Larry's an old friend, we worked on the Spider-Man ride together (Universal Florida).

trogboy ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 11:14 AM

LOL im no good with puncuations.. that made little sense to me too. i will try to import some really detailed models today and see if i can get max to not crash without textures.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.