Mon, Sep 23, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: Making clothes?

Gelana ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 10:34 PM ยท edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 3:56 AM

I was wondering what program is used to make clothes. I know that I will need PSP to make the textures but I can't figure out what program makes the clothes. I looked through the tutorials and could find nothing. I am sure this has been asked in the past but I could not find this either. All I would like to do is make something for Vicky but don't know where to start. Thanks for the help. Gel

Gelana
PaganAttitudes.com

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 10:57 PM

There are lots of programs for modeling clothing, then you have to bone them for posing. I use Amapi for modeling (free version). There's also Truespace, Rhino, Anim8or, Wings, and others. Anything that can create a Poser compatable file will do. Each one has it's quirks and learning curve. I'd start with one of the free ones. Old versions of Amapi and Truespace are available for download. Anim8or and Wings are also free. The people in those forums are very helpful with modeling questions. Try a couple of different ones. It seems that some people do better with the interface of one program over another. I love Amapi, but Wings drove me crazy. The Wings users swear by it. The best tutorial is available from PhilC on a CD. He gives simple instructions and easy to follow steps to get you started. Phil uses Truespace, but his intructions are clear enough and easy enough to understand to apply to any modeling program you choose. You'll also want to get UV Mapper. There's an excellent free version, and an even better for sale version. It really helps grouping parts and building templates for textureing and boning. Hope this helps, and welcome to the madhouse. Modeling clothing gets VERY addictive (see all my silly freestuff and posts here)!

lwanmtr ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 1:36 AM

I use NewTek's Lightwave for creation of clothing..It's a very intuitive program.

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 11:41 AM

regards pdxjims- there's a Modelling forum here that has free links to these and other free modelling programs. I think some folks use Lightwave, I know of one using Autocad (Autocad? who'd a thunk?..;), and Truespace. I use Wings, which is pretty easy, flexible, and if you don't like the version you're using, wait 5 minutes, there'll be an upgrade..I'm using 'something.11b', downloaded 2 weeks ago, and already I'm 2 versions behind..;). This question comes up about every 2 weeks like clockwork..maybe we should add it to the FAQ (like I've ever actually looked at the FAQ..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

markdc ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 12:29 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=19834

Also checkout my video tutorial. -Mark

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.