Wed, Sep 18, 1:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Poser5 a pain

Georgous ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 8:30 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

Well i finally installed Poser 5 and loaded up my vickie3 and i loaded up the material files that came with the vick 3 hires maps from from daz and I applied it to the vickie 3 figure and the texture came up. Very nice..One problem...No Bump maps were applied. so i went into the extravagant material editor and the bumps are in there but they arent connected to the nodes???? Why not? do i have to go and apply the bumps to every part of vickie? geezuz thats why i got the material poses so I wouldnt have to do that.so i applied a 1.0 factor of bump to vickie and blammo..shes got deep scars...Way too bumpy.. What am i doing wrong?

Kiera ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 8:33 PM

The hi-res contour MAT poses don't connect the bump maps.. the non-contour MAT poses do. (I got both so I could have non painted highlights as well as painted highlights, depending on the render.) If you use the regular bump channel (instead of the gradient bump channel) you should set the bump to .01 or so.

Georgous ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 8:39 PM

any way to do the whole body or do i have to do each part.

Kiera ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 8:48 PM

Set one the way you like that uses the body template. Hold down SHIFT and click each node so they are all selected. Then right click and hit copy. Then select each BODY part and right click paste. Then do the same for everything that uses the head template.

queri ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 8:49 PM

I think there is a click right select all option. However, I usually use a bit more bump on the lips and nipples-- yeah, its a pain but the results are considerably better-- with finetuning-- than poser 4's render engine. Are you using the displacement channel? Emily

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 8:50 PM

Do a right-click in the material room's node window. You have two menu items, "select all" and "apply to all" which can help you.

Kiera ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 8:51 PM

It can help but it will apply the body maps to the head, etc. It's good for things that use only one map.

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 9:11 PM

If you just have two maps - head and body - then I do this: Set up materials as desired for one body material. Use "Select all" and "apply to all". Move to one head material, edit to use head maps. Use "select all" and "copy" Go to the other head materials and "paste" in each. It's a bit faster than going through each material to copy/paste, since you get the body ones in one swoop. :)

Jaager ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 1:42 AM

The nodes would be connected if P5 MATposes were used. If you know your way around an OBJ file, you can Edit a copy of the V3.obj to make texturing easier. If you are only going to use normal skin textures and not the paint on clothes - Second Skin, all those body part materials can be returned to SkinBody and the scalp to SkinHead - this gets it back to two skin materials. If you don't mind the eyes being identical, the optical isomer eye materials can be renamed to just Iris, Pupil, Sclera. Another way, do one complete P5 material setup. Save the CR2 and make its information into a MATpose. Then, for new textures, a text editor can be used to FIND/REPLACE and substitute the new textures.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 3:28 AM

faint....!

Phantast ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 4:41 AM

... double faint! (Thump)

marvlin ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 6:24 AM

LOL @ Mesh & Phantast

i7 5930K 3.60Ghz | ASUS X99-S Motherboard | Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM | NVIDIA TitanX | Antec 1000w Power supply | Windows 10 x64 Home

stewer ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 7:02 AM

Second Skin, all those body part materials can be returned to SkinBody and the scalp to SkinHead - this gets it back to two skin materials. I wouldn't do that. Usually, you'd want to use different specular values for lips, tongue, inner mouth and finger/toenails, and probably different bump strengths too.

Jaager ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 2:19 PM

There are several Skin____. SkinHead and SkinScalp are on one texture and all the others are on another. I did a Millie version of V3 - so the lips and nipples are a separate layer (and I get a better resolution at 500x500 than an overall 4000x) - certainly not suggesting loosing those materials. The misc materials? I have separate textures for them. I do not see why changing the skin color should affect the tongue or teeth or nostril or lacrimal... or nails really. But they are not involved in Second Skin either. But I sure don't see the point of having to deal with 3 or 4 materials just to get a skin texture on an arm.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.