Tue, Sep 3, 7:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 02 7:24 pm)

Subject: platinum club free stuff question

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 9:35 PM · edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 10:14 PM

I've been playing with my wonderful new stuff from daz that they gave me free for joining their platinum club. This came in the readme for the centaur mappak Installation of "Centaur Mappak" for Poser: ".jpg" files -> User Directory/Centaurmaps/ ************************************************ How do I find my model(s) from within Poser? You will find 6 new image files in the directory you chose in the /Centaurmaps/ folder. These are textures for the Victoria's Skirt and Sweater pak. You can apply these maps by loading the model, then going to the Render/Materials menu in Poser and clicking the "Load" button in the Texture Map box. Then browse for the map you would like to apply. I can't understand what the sweaters have to do with the centaurs???? Another question - the cannon came with 2 different bump maps but no instructions about which bump map goes where. Anyone figured this out yet? Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 10:26 PM

Esther, the reference to the sweaters is probably a typo. DAZ' more recent ReadMe files are much better, but in the past I think they were using templates and sometimes forgot to change the references in them. Just change the words "Victoria's Skirt and Sweater pak" to "Centaur" and it should make sense. :-) I don't have either of those products, but I do know that texture files can be placed anywhere if the .cr2 file doesn't refer to a specific directory. You can create your own directory for them in the "Textures" folder, or you can even dump them into the same folder with the .cr2 in the "Figures" library. You can use Windows Notepad (or any text editor) to check the .cr2 for subdirectory references. However, in this case, based on the directions you posted, it's clear that there's no specific reference...you choose where you want the textures to go. I don't know about that cannon ... check the file extensions. If one is ".jpg," that would be for use with ProPack (or P5.) If one is ".bum," that would be for use with Poser4 without ProPack. Hope this helps!

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 10:53 PM

Hi, thanks for writing back. I see. Yes, I've found other things too not working quite properly including the daz fairy which has a fairy map that doesn't work. The cannon textures I've got no idea. There are 2 bump maps and I don't know what the second one is for cannonB1.jpg cannonB2.jpg One looks like the whole texture for the cannon with all of the parts. The other one is just a kind of general bump map, and must be for one part of the cannon, but which part? Love Esther

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 11:12 PM

It sounds like an e-mail to DAZ is in order. :-) You can find the correct e-mail address for technical questions at their site. Sorry, I'm not sure what it is off the top of my head. The cannon bump maps sound very confusing! Can anyone else here help Esther with the models she's asking about?

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 12:49 AM

It's just amazing how many of the installations are faulty with that stuff. guess it was early days for Daz when they put those out. It's taking me all day to try and figure it out, and I still don't know the answer to the cannon question. Love esther

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 4:18 AM

You will notice that there are lots of nice freebies for the fairies: various textures and hair and such. I had difficulty finding her bunhair when first installed (a couple years ago), but DAZ has gotten so much better about packaging and locating and readme information now. If you look at the texture maps in any paint program, including MSPaint, you can see how they are laid out, and some identifying information. If one of the bump maps for the cannon is all metallic and the other looks like wood grain, you have your answer. carolly

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 6:41 AM

I've got so much stuff I haven't had a chance to see what I've got and what I haven't. Yes, there's certainly a difference between old Daz stuff and new, but I'm not complaining. I'll take anything they give me. I would still like to know how those cannon bump maps work, and I'm sure someone else out there must be thinking the same thing, so if you come up with anything please let me know. Love esther I have emailed daz about the architecture pak and the tuna which both had faulty mac versions of the installer. Couldn't even get it to start installing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.