Tue, Sep 3, 9:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 02 7:24 pm)

Subject: Anyone got the boudoir from Daz?

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 7:12 AM · edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 10:14 PM

file_72387.jpg

Here's my V3. She's just arrived in her brand new boudoir wearing her fresh beautiful new nightie thanks to gypsyrose here at renderosity, but she's found there's no furniture in her boudoir. I understood from the readme that came with the boudoir that the props were preloaded in the Pz3 that came with it, but the Pz3 is empty apart from the structure - see image. So i found the props in my props folder and tried to load them manually so V3 wouldn't be so upset. However most of them loaded in the centre. I guess I'm going to have to position them all myself. I was hoping the Pz3 would have them all preloaded in the right places. Am I missing something? Love Esther PS don't think I'm rude if I can't answer any replies but I am away from home for the next 2 days. BTW I emailed the person who made the boudoir model (pam) but the addy must have been out of date and my email bounced

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 8:56 AM

The furniture has to be positioned by hand in the boudoir, unless there was an update. Turn off the roof and use the top camera, then adjust the y-trans for everything in the raised section. I think their Venetian room did have the furniture pre-positioned, either as props or in the PZ3.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 9:04 AM

Oh, sad. I wish they'd made a PZ3 with it all beautifully positioned like in their illustration on the website. Okay, thanks for the tip. that should help me get the pics on the walls etc. Love esther

3ddave44 ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 9:31 AM

Esther - And then once you get the pictures up and things arranged as you like, save the file (without Vicky or anyone else in it) as a PZ3. Then you won't have to do that particular setup again. Then if you want other, you can do other arrangements and save those which will leave you with you own set of setups. ; ) Dave

Exotica ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 12:52 PM

Hi Estherau: I'm sorry I did not get your email. Daz has not updated since I changed it. Regarding the Boudoir: Perhaps the ad should have been more clear in regards to the setup of the Boudoir. It was meant to say that all of the room props are pre-positioned, not the furniture itself. There were several reasons why it was done this way. If we had put all of the furniture in the pz3 it would have been much too large for people on dial-up access to download. This was one of our earlier products, and it was before we began stripping the object files to reduce file size. That's why we were able to include the props in the pz3 with the Venetian room, a later product -- the files were much smaller. Also, we felt that since there is no right or wrong way to set the furniture up, it would be easier for the user if the furniture loaded in the center, which would make it immediately visible; i.e., one wouldn't have to zoom out, rotate the camera, etc., just to find the prop to begin with. As RHaseltine suggested (and if I remember correctly is mentioned in the readme), you can position the furniture props easily by making the roof invisible. I hope this helps. Sincerely, Exotica

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 2:24 PM

Yes, sorry - I should have said I was just rehashing old advice rather than being creative!

Exotica ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 3:23 PM

No problem. Not everyone knows you can do that. :)

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 4:59 PM

okay, thanks. BTW I really like the Boudoir. It's excellent! Very happy with it. Love esther

Exotica ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 5:40 PM

Oh, great! I'm glad you like it. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.