Tue, Sep 3, 8:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 31 8:02 am)

Subject: import P4 Pz3 to Vue weirdness

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:42 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 12:18 PM

file_72847.jpg

Hi, I have a mac and I think the latest P4 and Vue, and normally I import PZ3 with no problem. I import my V3 from poser and she looks fine. I put her in my new IW plane in poser, and import the whole thing (plane+V3), and suddenly her eyes are all a uniform brown, her transparency maps on her hair, eyebrows and eyelashes look wrong. I check the material settings and in both cases the V3s are identical. I can even have them in the same scene - but one looks good and the other isn't working properly at all. I looked back through the forums to try and get an answer, and I notice some people complained of similar things, but in their cases their imports never used to work properly like mine did, so they probably thought (and that's the impression I get from the answers) that it was something that needed adjusting in the materials area. This is the weirdest thing I have come across. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 10:49 AM

Is there a refective map somewhere in your import....sometimes that happens to me when I have a reflective set to high for Vue...Sharen

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 11:21 AM

Yes, there are reflective maps set to 100% in poser in the airplane model but not in the vickie. I'll decrease them (tomrrow it's 2.30 AM here right now er I mean I'll do it later today). I'll be impressed if you got it right as I don't have any idea how you would have worked that out. It's not even something I would have thought of trying in a million years. I'll let you know if it works though. Love Esther

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 1:45 PM

Okay....will be waiting....Sharen

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 6:27 PM

I changed them all to 70% but the problem still exists. Any ideas? Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 11:05 PM

Okay I got rid of all reflection maps, and the problem still exists? V3 looks fine if I just import her by herself. but put her in the plane and she looks like the above. I've never had problems importing into vue before. Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 3:02 AM

Did I mention the eye textures are all present in the materials editor?

haegerst ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 2:24 PM

Ive never seen this before... Im sure it has something to do with your new IW plane... I may be too tired, but at the moment I cant figure out what IW means... ;-) The image looks scary somehow - its like two skin textures are mixed up... Hope you get it fixed :-) Stefan

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 5:47 AM

Hi Stefan, I'm sure you're right. I got the plane from http://www.iw43d.com/ Very nice models too I might add. Anyway there's something strange about their commercial jet. It's fine in poser, but I don't like my V3 turning into an alien. You're right now that I think about it - her eyes do look like skin textures. Thing is in the materials editor in vue everything looks cool. Weird hey? Love esther PS please think about it and let me know if you come up with anything.

haegerst ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 7:13 AM

Ive thought again about it and also visited the site... Ive never tested any of their products, but on the website they look very nice... When I look at the pic again, the other weird thing I notice is behind the left eye is a round sphere... Im pretty sure its the eyeball we see there - so that could be a clue that its a problem with transparencies... Does the woman render properly when you render her in Poser? If yes, then the import into Vue could be the problem... I cant remember right, but I think Vue has problems with very large files, so maybe reducing the texture/map or model could help somehow... (?) What Version of Vue are you using? The 4.2 is already released as a beta and it seems to address some problems with poser imports... Maybe youll want to try it out (be sure to backup your vue...) Are the IW textures very large? I hope that helps a bit... Regards Stefan

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 7:27 AM

Great suggestions and actually what I'm starting to think. I'll tell you why. I did the box suggestion - see above - and both V3s were ruined - the one with and the one without the airplane. Yes, she renders fine in poser, but to put the plane in the box I needed a very big box, and I put the V3 without plane in same sized box. Brought them both into vue intending to superimpose good vickie on bad vickie and delete bad vickie, but I think they both went bad. So I think it is a problem with the import. I'm just trying it one more time with a different hair, then if that doesn't work, I'm off to get that beta version of vue. Okay, I'll back up first. I've got another question. If it's such a big model, why does it come into vue so small when I import, yet when I import a vickie without the plane the model looks bigger in vue. the plane looks the size of a splinter. Yes, the IW models are great. Expensive +++ but they have some sales sometimes and deals if you buy more than one, and a surprise that i'm not allowed to tell people, when you buy a model for the first time from them. Also they're really nice people to deal with, but they haven't got vue and can't help me with this problem. Love esther

haegerst ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 8:06 AM

I hope the update will solve the problem... When I talked about size I meant the file size. If your original poser file has got lets say 30 MB of size, then Im pretty sure youll get Problems in Vue... I also got the Problem, when I import Poser figures into vue theyre either large as a house or small as an ant... I normally always gotta rescale them - dont know why... If resizing the textures doesnt work then I got no idea... It may be a simple checkbox or value, but from here Im not sure I can solve the problem... If youre from Frankfurt/Germany let me know and Ill visit you after work, but I dont suppose so ;-) Regards Stefan

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 5:28 PM

Hi, how does 134 megabites sound to you? I just checked. I don't think reducing a texture map is going to help that. Must be the airplane. Must be very big. Oh oh. No, I live in Australia. I'm just installing the vue update beta and I'll let you know if that helps. Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 6:23 PM

YAHOOOO YIPPEEEEE, yes, the new beta vue update fixed the problem!!!! thank goodness! Well I think it's fixed. some other thing looked wrong but I'm redoing the PZ3 and will try again. Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 9:22 PM

file_72848.jpg

happy now. It was vue and not the airplane. I naturally assumed it was the model as the model was new, but it was the size of the model with the old version of vue. the new beta has cured it. thanks for all the support. Love esther

haegerst ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 3:11 AM

Glad to hear its solved... I hope you keep that backup - Ive heard some users have Problems with vue 4.2, some dont... Its still beta and you never know... ;-) But the most important thing is that its working now :-)

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.