Sun, Sep 22, 2:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: posing multiple figure question

tom_b ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2003 at 11:30 AM ยท edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 6:36 PM

Hello, I have a newbie question. lets say I have two poser figures and i want to have them shake hands in an animation. I grab both guys and twist them so they face each other then I stick out each right hand make a keyframe to iniate a handshake animation. Now instead of moving the hand to the second location of each figure I would like to glue the hands together so that when I move one hand the other locks in and follows. Any help/tutorials to help. Thanks, tom_b

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2003 at 12:00 PM

Parent one hand to the other. Select one hand, Figures>Set Figure Parent, to the other hand. Should work.

tom_b ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2003 at 2:32 PM

When you raise the hand up the whole body flies up or when you lower the hand the whole body goes through the ground. What else should I be doing?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2003 at 6:26 PM

First, tell Bam-Bam to cut back on the steroids (sorry, old Flintstones reference). Do you have IK enabled on the arms? (Figure menu --> Use Inverse Kinematics)

tom_b ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2003 at 6:58 PM

Actually, that was a good analogy. No, I have ik disabled on the feet and arms of nboth characters. If the child has IK on (feet and arms) then nothing is changed from the bam bam effect. The parent shakes hand the the child is listed up in a statue like movement If the parent has IK on, then the hands are frozen at the position and they cannot shake hands and the shoulders and everything else twists up into a giant knot.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2003 at 8:42 PM

Turn OFF IK for the arm of the first figure, turn ON IK for the arm of the second figure. In the Hierachy Editor drag and drop the hand of the second figure on top of the hand of the frirst figure, close the Hierachy Editor. Moving the first figures arm should now move the arm of the second figure.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.