Thu, Sep 19, 4:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: WIP, where to go from here ?

sackrat ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2003 at 9:05 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 6:17 PM

file_75480.jpg

OK,.....in a thread last night(madmax br5, "I don't get it") I mentioned that I had been trying to do an image based on Grunewald's "The Temptation of St Anthony". I started working on it again last night,......I got this far. I need advice on where to go from here. I don't have a clue. I am stuck. Can you guys make any suggestions ? St Anthony is Michael 2 from Daz and the "demons" are titou's Orc for P4 male(from Poser freestuff), with which I am satisfied(they are very ugly fellows),......the ruined wall is modeled in 3d Studio Max 4.2 and George279's ruined building is in the background. St Anthony claimed he was beset upon by demons disguised as wild beasts,.....should I use wolves and big cats ? I plan on giving the wall a bit of the old clone brush treatment, but other than that I don't know. St Anthony 's beard was postwork in PS 7, and I know it still needs work. Thanks for your attention.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

alvinylaya ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2003 at 10:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.anthroposophy.org.nz/images/The%20Temptation%20of%20St%20Anthony.jpg

Looks like it's gonna turn out beautiful! All I can suggest for now is to add a little bit more light or maybe add a few colored lights. Did you know Dali had his vesion? http://corydon.shcsc.k12.in.us/academic/HONORS12/Artists%20you%20ought%20to%20know/Dali/Temptation%20of%20St%20Anthony.JPG A little bit different.

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2003 at 11:47 PM

I would delete the pocket from his robe (if it is a separate object from the rest of the robe), it somehow looks out of place. Great start!

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

sackrat ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 12:19 AM

Thanks guys,.......yeah, I intend to get rid of the pocket, but did not do it here because it's connected to the robe(not a seperate object, more clone brushing). I love Dali, although I have never seen this piece. Has anyone seen his portrait of Harpo Marx ? Very nice work, burning girraffes and all. Seeing the Dali image has given me more ideas, maybe a demonic horse. OK,.......back to work,......see if I can make an interesting deformation of the P4 horse. Thanks for the ideas about the lighting,......colored lights never occurred to me. Once again,.......thanks for the feedback. I'll have to start asking for help more often.............Later,.......TOM........(sackrat).

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.