Thu, Sep 19, 7:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: atten Daz Mike 3?

RICHARD ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:13 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:37 PM

Hi all not wanting to start a feud,but when our you going to release M3?You stated here an at your site that the 10th would be the date along with the new stuff to go with him.Was that all Hype,why? i take it somthing is holding it up,but you could at least show a little respect for customers waiting day an night to purchase him. Customers shouldn't have to call you or E-mail you just to get a update on the release status.not after 2 days of putting up pictures of him an clothes an stating few more hours to go an not wensday yet. please just give a current update to all of us on the problems your might have so you half to delay his release. again didn't want to create a stir or anything,but would like a quick an honest response from you today not tommorrow. Iam sure i'am not the only one to expect a current status report from you an would welcome your quick response.

whbos ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:18 PM

They're waiting to release him two minutes before they all leave for the day so they don't have to hear any complaints until tomorrow.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

ryamka ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:18 PM

You know, the day is not over, especially for teh guys at Daz. They tend to release stuff in the latter part of the day, and have for most of their existence. Correct me if I am wrong, they said the 10th. Not the 10th, at 05:00GMT or what not. They said the 10th. By my calculations... there are still almost 8 hours to go for them (at this moment it is 4:17 there). Please, it is just a toy, not a cure for cancer. Go spend your time with family and friends. It is a definite better use of your time than coming here and bitching about this.

queri ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:18 PM

He loks to be almost up-- Dodger's samurai outfit is up on the splash page-- slmost gave me a heart attack. Give it another hour or two let's see what happens. Emily

queri ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:20 PM

Sorry to post twice but I do think they are dancing as fast as they can. Em

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:20 PM

each product needs to be uploaded to server, then links and checking of the store front, adding links to all the previews, make sure all discounts work etc. brokers need to get their stuff sent to Daz etc. this ALL takes TIME. most often releases hit as Daz closes up around 5pm, I have noticed that most site updates come at about 7pst which is where I'm at. the 10th aint over, they have several hours before they pass the deadline they set for themselves. give them a bit of time, M3 will show up not a biggy.

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:21 PM

They said 10 September. They didn't say when in the day. It's only 4pm Utah time. It's going to take a while to get everything up, so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes an hour or two longer to get everything up. THey always have their releases up late in the day. I'm sure if they could have had everything up at 8:00am today, they would have done it. I bet they've been taking the time to test their servers to make sure there's no meltdowns and resulting rabid riots from everyone hitting the servers at once.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:21 PM

They are putting it up they normally put up stuff. Late in the day. Just like they do every Friday. I would say except it late in the day then. It is currently not even 5 there.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:22 PM

Yeah .. What they said LOL Plus it is a lot of work to get all the pieces up in the store.

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:25 PM

Click on the splash and it leads you to two already up. LOL. Ain't gonna do anything yet. Just My luck I will get a not in stock and a dead link.

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:27 PM

Really you would believe that it was all made in advance, wouldn't you? I mean the coding and the pictures could all have been done DAYS ago so that all that needed was a new frontpage and whatever pages with a M3 link on. And I would think they have something that automates the linking. The upload itself takes seconds (The front page upload I mean) The rest can be done in advance. Is it usual for offices to close at 5?! Phew.. I am glad I'm not american then. G When do you people go to work then? at noon?! I'm more than happy to be able to leave my office at 3pm. And that's pretty common here.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:29 PM

two already up? What? Where?!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:32 PM

Well it after 5 pm here now, still no mike 3.

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:33 PM

Its a small thumbnail at the bottom of the splash page :)

Jerry McCant

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:36 PM

Nevermind....................... says V3 male............... my bad. Sorry guys!

Jerry McCant

whbos ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:36 PM

You'll know it's time when you go to DAZ and the site is down because they will be in the process of uploading files.

majesticartist ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:36 PM

LOL!!! You're all to funny! Like kids waiting to open Christmas presents...lol and its only 3:35pm there in CA

Lunaseas ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:37 PM

O.k calm down...he will be up sometime around 6:30 or 7:pm Utah time, at least this is what they are shooting for. As was mentioned before, it may take longer than that...but this is what they are attemting to do. This was from an actual trustable informant:)

whbos ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:38 PM

I agree with ernyoka1. The Flash updates were probably done days or weeks ago. They wouldn't wait until the last minute for that.

whbos ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:41 PM

Reminds me of when everyone was getting their pre-order Poser 5 (me included). That's when I had no life (and still don't) and was spending all my time at Renderosity checking for new messages.

dirk5027 ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:45 PM

lobo75 ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:48 PM

Why oh why did i just get an email the other day stating he wasnt going to be out till the end of the week? Why oh why did it take 2 weeks for a reply, why oh why oh why. Dont mess with me, I'm armed with credit card(s) in hand!

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:53 PM

Why sweat it so much? DAZ's store & site has a history of difficulty when a major item is released so I'd say my (and a lot of other ppl's) best bet is to wait a day or two...or three to let the bottleneck clear up before heading in to spend my money.

pendarian ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:54 PM

LOL!! You guys are toooo funny :) Pendy

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:55 PM

AND it's not just 'one' item that's coming out this time - there's all the accompanying items to buy for him too. :) Even more reason to stave off wading thru the traffic at the site to buy....They'll get my money eventually. G

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:59 PM

Almost 7:oo eastern standard time, 5 more hours left in the days here.

DraX ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 6:01 PM

Time to calm down guys... It's going to take a little while for everything to be ready for sale (BTW, they did, AFAIK, setup all of the product pages ahead of time). There are last minute preparations that needed to be made, not only to handle the bandwidth but to make sure that all discounts, sales, installers, etc. work. You always do a last minute check on everything before putting it live.

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 6:02 PM

Don't ask me how I know, but there really is a TON of stuff coming out for M3. More than has been previewed here. I know they're in the process of building a number of pages right now. I think there's more stuff being released today than Daz has ever released before in any two weeks. There's going to be charge card meltdown all across the world.

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 6:05 PM

ROFL It's going to be a wild and crazy night 8-)

SWAMP ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 6:07 PM

Why does the image of Al Bundy waiting at the front door,for the pizza delivery guy,keep flashing in my head???(!)...

lobo75 ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 6:13 PM

I dont remember a specific time frame other than todays date being given.

lobo75 ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 6:16 PM

how did that get cross posted?

cherokee69 ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 6:20 PM

Rick, DAZ wants your money. They are keeping us all in the dark to keep the suspense up. The anguish builds and when it does get released, BOOM, everyone dumps all the money they can spare in DAZ wallet without thinking. That doesn't work for me. They longer I wait, the more discusted I get and then, at an undetermined point, my mind says I don't care if it gets released or not and then it takes me forever to decide if I really wanted it or not.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 6:25 PM

I love it! To everyone saying "calm down, wait, it's not life-threatening", I only have to say this: after waiting over a year in anticipation of this, after waiting in drool for the past several months in anticipation of this, after seeing image after image of M3 and its related products in anticipation, after getting V3 in anticipation of this, my anticipation is not wearing thin - it has a big, gaping hole in it! ;) I've put off much work waiting for this (as V3 has the best Asian morphs in the universe at this time, but not the best male figure). This supercedes my anticipation of Poser 5 (and the stream of Service Releases), Mimic 2.0, BodyPaint R2, among other things. V3 male did not alleviate the need for a proper male character for doing the work inwhich I am involved. When!!!!!!!!!!!?

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Firebirdz ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 6:45 PM

hmm, Mike 3 going to be about closing time ? then everyone rushing to buy it along with the assessories, then server gets jammed and noone can download ? and noone around after office hours to provide customer service ? :-((((

Firebirdz ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 6:46 PM

twas the night before Christmas,....

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 6:48 PM

I feel the same way you do Cherokee69, Im just about to go drop my money on the daz cat and go to renderosity to buy Irlund vicky 2, she looks very nice.

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 6:53 PM

We forgot to put out the cookies and milk! That's why he didn't come!!!! Scarab

milamber42 ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 6:58 PM

Well, I'm about to go eat dinner and watch the season premieres of Enterprise and Jake 2.0. Guess my perspective/paradigm of what is important/not important is different than most peoples...

Simderella ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 7:08 PM

hehe... Hell its now the 11th for me anyway yes.. shock horror there are other countries out there and its 1am.. so off to bed i go.. nighty night If M3 does show up, I hope those of you who manage to grab a copy in the scrum have fun!, can't wait to see the pix.. Toodlez -SimderZ- xXx

My Gallery

cwsatl429 ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 7:08 PM

I am a nervous wreck. I know this sounds stupid to be acting this way over a 3d model, but I cannot help it. The anticipation of getting him has been increasing everyday since the first mention of him at the beginning of the year. He was all that I thought about when I was at work today. I was so excited and happy because he was finally getting released... but now I am sad. I will be going to bed soon and I didn't even get a chance to look at him. I know I will get him tomorrow, but it won't be the same. The magic will not be totally the same. I know it sounds stupid, but they are my feelings and they do matter to me. I LOVE Daz, and I know there are reasons for the delay... so I am NOT mad at them. This just teaches me to control my excitement over things in the future.

I know M3 will be great! Good night everyone and take care.

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 7:09 PM

ernyoka1...we Americans work 8-16 hours per day, depending if your first job pays enough to afford food and clothing...then if needed, the second job.... I start work at 7am and go until 6pm...only 11 hours....thankfully I get a 30 minute lunch break to relax a bit

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Simderella ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 7:10 PM

Hell, should have said 'Well' sooo tired... night night

My Gallery

ryamka ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 7:10 PM

Dave-So, Slacker!!!!

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 7:15 PM

I'm sorry for having worked so little this week, Masta... I promise to make up for it by working Saturday and Sunday instead of using my new Mike 3...

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

ryamka ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 7:20 PM

of the closet, and has confirmed he is a transexual! Have you seen the pictures, he has the vestigial remains of Victoria's "nether regions"!!!!!! Carry on with your waiting for the release. Please send all hate mail to: oreilley@foxnews.com

MoxieGraphix ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 7:22 PM

"But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they left everyone of us in the dark and waiting since 12 midnight last night camped out, I resent that kind of treatment as a customer, They should at least let us know with an official announcment by now that he is or is not comming out, And that would be good and fair customer service." Oh my god, this made me laugh so hard. You resent this kind of treatment? They said the 10th. It is STILL the 10th. It will be the 10th on the east coast for a few more hours still and even longer on Daz time. Nobody forced you to camp out since midnight. You did that. All by yourself. DAZ only gave the release date :)

dirk5027 ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 7:23 PM

milamber42 I forgot about jake 2.0, Thanks for the reminder

ryamka ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 7:27 PM

Wow. That is all I have to say. Wow.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 7:28 PM

Mesh Magick, You obviously have not stood in line for Starwars, LOTR, new harry potter books etc. when the clock hits 12:01 Utah time and M3 is not on thier site, THEN Daz will have been late. You wasting your day is not Daz's fault. This is becoming so silly.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 7:29 PM

I have a strong feeling Mike will not be out by midnight tonight, I bet the holdup is because the brokers are not done on time what they were supposed to make for mike. And Daz is probably waiting on the stuff before they post him.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.