Mon, Sep 16, 10:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: M3 Body Texture

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 10:13 AM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 9:57 AM

Well, I bought the standard res body tex for Mike 3 and it's great (can't understand why the thumbnail says "hi res" though), but I don't care for the heavy, black eyebrows. They don't go with every hair color. I wanted something a bit more subtle, so I searched and no one's really doing much in that area yet. I began an attempt at making one myself, but I just don't have the patience. Then I discovered something last night while fooling around with Mike (ooh, that sounds bad, doesn't it? LOL). Maybe I'm just slow on the uptake and everyone already knows this (after all, I do have menopausal blonde disorder), but I was thrilled to find that the V3 male textures fit Mike 3 perfectly! And the eyebrows are nicer looking and more generic to go with other hair colors. Not so heavy, either. So, just in case someone hasn't discovered that yet, now you know. :) Melanie

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 10:31 AM

Also if you want more CHEAP M3 textures, check out the ones Spectre3 has for V3. They fit M3 just fine :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 10:35 AM

The Nordic texture for V3 over at Daz in the Platinum Club is only $1.99 too.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 10:51 AM

Not only do the V3 male textures fit, the regular V3 textures do, too. If you have any V3 textures with natural, not-too-plucked eyebrows and a "no makeup" option, try them.

Neo10 ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 1:24 PM

Also there are alot of m3 texts in the special interest section at daz incase you havnt checked.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 1:47 PM

Surely the eyebrows and lashes are just coloured, transmapped planes - so changing colour should just be a question of going into the Materials dialogue and changing the settings, unless the M3 textures do something different, or choosing a different transmap (like the V3M one with the otherwise neutral V3F texture)?

queri ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 2:59 PM

Well, that's the question, are the M3 eyebrows painted on or are they transmapped? Haven't installed yet so don't know. [Why I hate .exe's] Emily

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 3:41 PM

Surely they will be transmapped - I've not yet bought the M3 textures but M1 conversions/V3M transparencies seem to work.

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 4:52 PM

No, the eyebrows on the DAZ M3 maps are painted on, so they can't be changed. That was the problem. I did try one of the V3 natural textures, but the lips didn't seem to quite fit. They sort of went otu of the lines just a tad, but when I tried the V3 male, it was perfect. Melanie

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 5:05 PM

Melanie is right. The M3 high-res eyebrows are painted on. I don't like them, either. They really are Neanderthal-ish, much too long, thick, and dark. The V3 and M3 texture maps a little different around the lips, eyes, and chest. Often it's not very noticeable, though.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 6:23 AM

Oh well, that (painted eyebrows) saves me some money. The UTC seems to do a pretty good job with most M2 textures, at least to my uncritical gaze, but you do need Windows and both plugins.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.