Mon, Oct 21, 5:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poor Nekkid Skeletons.....I weep for thee! :*(

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 3:12 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 3:49 AM

Through 5 generations of Poser and still none of the so-called clothing experts have figured out a way to clothe the poor nekkid skeletons :*( Year after year they go freezing right down to their bones!! These poor, negleted folk really need some clothes so they may go out in public more often! Like shredded Pirate clothes, rotted clothes fresh from the grave, shreds hanging from their bones, and even a nicely soiled Wedding outfit for him and her! Since conforming clothes to such a mesh may be too difficult (I'm guessing as I have never made any clothing articals) Wouldn't it be fesable to make a manikin mesh that would be made invisable and then confomed to the skeleton while the clothing is confomed to the hidden manikin?? Cold Nekkid Skeletons Want To Know!! What's The Deal Clothing Makers, Are We NOT GOOD ENOUGH For You?

Mercytoo ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 3:36 PM

I think this is a great idea, however, I'm not a very good modeler :(

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 5:14 AM

file_79538.jpg

How's this for starters? If it isn't tattered enough, you can modify the transmap.

Mercytoo ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 5:55 AM

Wow, I know I didn't ask for this, but I think this is fantastic :) Excellent work!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 6:07 AM

I'll post it in Free Stuff this weekend. I might do another transmap, also. And a few sleeve morphs.

There's some poke-through with certain poses (particularly the shoulder blades and lower ribs). I'll fiddle with the joint parameters before I put it up, but in this case poke-through may be more of a benefit than a hindrance.

The clothes conform to the male skeleton, incidentally. In addition to the graveyard rags, Yorick is modeling Jon Malis' skeleton warrior texture/bump map and my AnthroEyes (I made everything but the glowy bits transparent).

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 2:59 PM

..... warning, implied grossness follows...... Hi, all, Hope this isn't out of place. Something I've wanted a long time for Halloween renders is a really good cadaver/autopsy/zombie package of conforming "Flesh and Organs" for the DAZ Skeleton. I bought it long ago on an early shopping stop at DAZ, and that was the first thing that came to mind when I played with it. Since the DAZ Skell was fairly pricey and the P3/P4/P5 Poser Skell just seemed too lo-res to appeal, I've never thought there'd be enough demand to make such a package as a viable product. Since the DAZ Skell's distribution has "exploded" in the last couple of days, due to it's inclusion among the Plat Club Re-Up premiums, it just seems like this might be a good time to suggest this. I've seen a number of zombies done as textures and morphs for existing figures, but I would think a selection of flesh "suits" for the Skell would do it so much more effectively. Anything from charred flesh to mummy to fresh autopsy victim with selected organs. Morph-able dangling eyeballs, ooze, and dangling entrails. Variations with and without shreds of clothing over the flesh might be effective as well. For once "poke-thru" would actually improve a render. ....I know, I'm a sick puppy, for wanting this, but I did SFX makeup for a time in my mis-spent youth, and spooky/graphic subjects are high on my list of prospective renders.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 10:06 PM

Not quite what you're hinting at, leather-guy, but have you seen Davo's gore packs for Michael and Victoria? Almost all the severed body parts and dangling entrails one could hope for. They're sold at Renderotica and Animotions; you'll forgive me if I don't provide links.

leather-guy ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 2:55 AM

Thanks, L_D - but you're right, I was thinking less along the lines of butcher shop, and more along the lines of forensic pathology, trauma, meatball field surgery, etc.... Something to watch for, anyway.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 3:05 AM

I did see something similar to what you want, over at the 3D Models Shop ... an anatomy set designed like the old Visible Man and Visible Woman models, with skeletal structures and internal organs. Somewhat pricey, and only available in 3DS, Lightwave, and DXF formats, but the site does deal in Poser products, so perhaps they could do a Poser version.

leather-guy ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 3:49 AM

Cool! - I bought Planet People for Poser 3 many long moons ago, I'd lost track of Cacheforce since then - Thanks for the link! I was never honestly very satisfied with the quality of the characters in Poser, and haven't really used them since P4 came out, but their modeling was quite good. I just bought the anatomy set. Not really what I was looking for, but worth adding to my Lab/Medical props libraries nonetheless. I especially like the muscle set. Thanks again, L_D!

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2003 at 11:47 AM

WOW, Where have all my e-bots gone?????! Little Dragon, this is EXACLLY what I was refering to! THANKS THANKS and THANKS!! by the way, what skeleton is that? Looks like the AV from DAZ but better?!

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2003 at 11:49 AM

P.S. Did I mention how great an army of these dead guys would be for protecting pirates hidden treasure would be? ;p

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2003 at 11:53 AM

Or a worn, torn, and tattered wedding gown and suit for a grousome Halloween wedding of the dead?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2003 at 4:10 PM
  • glances through thread *

Guess I wasn't really that specific about which skeleton I used. It's the standard male skeleton included in Posers 3-5. Jon's maps really make a difference, especially the painted-on teeth.

I've considered making trousers, but I'm left with the curious question of "how would they stay on?" To keep them from sliding off his boney hips, Yorick would either have to cinch them up tight around his spinal column or resort to suspenders, and that would just be too silly-looking for serious renders.

I uploaded the rags this weekend, so if they aren't in Free Stuff yet, go yell at whichever poor overworked lost soul is in charge of Free Stuff evaluation-and-approval.

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2003 at 4:31 PM

You should be able to get some decent pants just by hugging the hips. Look at some of the Fantasy pirate stuff like at DisneyLand and Knott's Barry Farm. you did great, can't wait to work with it! I'd love to do a ship full of these guys or an island of these guys protecting pirate treasure. We Like It, We Love, We Want More Of It!!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 4:42 AM

Never been to Knott's Berry Farm. I left California before it or Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean ride opened. Any fun?

All right, I'll give the trousers and perhaps some piratey items a try later this week.

Free Stuff link

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 12:07 PM

Jon's maps?? there are maps for the skelly?? WHERE? My poor toothless skelly needs help! LOL!! BTW working ion a new "more raggedy" transmap...

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 12:11 PM

This is Really Great Little_Dragon!! THANKS!!! Haven't been to DisneyLand myself since my kids were little...oh such a long time ago..but YES! My favorite rides are and always have been Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion!! and me too, where did you find Jon's maps? Those are great!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 10:24 PM

Missed the Haunted Mansion, also. Uncle Walt waited until I was gone to build all the good stuff.

As I mentioned earlier, the textures are from Jon's Skeleton Warrior character. It's available at his website, Posergamers. Look in the Downloads --> Characters --> RPG section.

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 11:57 PM

Oh ya! I have that one around here. Easy to loose track of stuff after a HD crash :( Thanks for jump starting the old peanut!!

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 11:58 PM

...now if we can just find where John On The Run ran off to!? He never did get around to translating that wonderful Vampire Story of his :*(

Tybalt ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 2:17 AM

Oh!! Yes! Ok I been wanting an outfit for the Skelly For ages! Got Daz Skelly. Got Malis Skelly pak. Needed Shirt!! THANKS!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.