Tue, Oct 1, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Where is daz studio?

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 9:21 AM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 3:07 PM

What has happened with daz studio? Are they taking their time over finishing it or are they just dragging their butts?

wrpspeed ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 9:57 AM

i heard it supposed to be released sometime in november

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 10:03 AM

Beta in November and full release in December I believe.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 10:04 AM

I heard it was supposed to be released in november...last year!

sturkwurk ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 10:40 AM

November 2002? That sounds a little off, I don't think they even announced they were working on it until early summer to early fall of 2002. A few months to make a full blown 3d application is a pretty short window. Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

ryamka ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 10:57 AM

Utah!

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 1:43 PM

They originally suggested Summer, but to be fair the list of features in the first release has grown a bit in response to cutomer feedback (AKA lynch mobs).

wrpspeed ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 1:47 PM

i would prefer something when they say "yes" we have a working product no matter how long it takes. patches and updates can be so annoying.

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 1:50 PM

Ratteler, where can I find out more on this "Weight mapping"?

Caly ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 1:56 PM

Someone explained weight-mapping in a thread around here. There's somethng similar to it in Lightwave. They also covered it in a thread in the Daz forum, but i can't recall which.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Q2 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 7:18 PM

weight mapping applies to polygons, points, and their movement. So if you bend a model's elbow or knee, the polys assigned with 100% weight won't move, 75% weight will move a little, 50% will move more, 25% weight will move a lot, 0% weight will move the most (or it might be the reverse of this, but you get the idea). Having polys weighted appropriately will make for much more natural looking joint bends and other more natural looking posing overall. If I remember this right. Don't take this as gospel til you hear from a higher or more knowledgable authority!

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 7:28 PM

It would seem if you could manipulate polys 'n points this way, soft body dynamics wouldn't be too far behind.

jjsemp ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 6:56 PM

"...D|Z could revolutionize character animation..." (sighs and rolls eyes)

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 9:39 PM

I think daz studio will be very good when it comes out and it will be interesting to see how things are done differently from poser. I can`t wait to get a copy that is the reason I said where is daz studio.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.