Mon, Sep 23, 10:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:56 am)

Subject: Smartpropping?

ChaosOutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 6:03 PM ยท edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 12:59 AM

I know how to parent an object to a body part but that only means that the object moves when the body part moves. What I want to know is there way to smart prop the gun/sword/ect.. to the hand/etc.. without having to move it around everytime you bring it into poser? I waste more time doing this than just about anything. By the time I get the item properly positioned my inspiration is gone. Is there a formula for the x y z dials for the different characters available; i.e. Mike, Vicky, Don, Judy? Also on the same track I have another question. If you have items that are smartpropped to the right hand of a character is there an EASY way to switch it so that the left hand is the smartprop target? I have tried changing the parent but as I stated earlier all that does is make the item move from its original position in conjuction with the left hand. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -OUTLAW-

"I try to save one life a day, its usually my own."
John Crichton

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 6:33 PM

Your first question: 1. Load and position the prop. 2. Parent the prop to the relevant body part. 3. Save the prop. You will be asked if you wish to save it as a Smart Prop. Answer "yes". That's all there is to it. Second question: 1. Load up the original prop and do all the above, but parenting to the other hand. 2. Save this version as "SmartProp Left" or some such. That should do it.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

maclean ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2003 at 2:42 PM

In addition, if you want to UNparent a prop, so it has no parent at all, select 'Universe' as parent. It will now be a 'dumb' prop, parented to nothing. mac

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.