Wed, Sep 25, 9:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 9:18 am)

Subject: Help for the Poser Clueless

GreyRandall ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2003 at 9:05 AM ยท edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 4:18 PM

Problem: Poser 5, Victoria 2 EYEBROWS!!!!!/Clothing not quite right I'm currently working on a version of my wife's RPG character. Went out and purchased Vicktoria 1 and 2, as well the PoserStyle Pirate suit for Vicki. Figured out the part of making the body parts that were showing through the clothes invisible, however, am still facing these last few problems that are stumping me. 1: Clothing... T-shirt sticks out through side of the pirate suit at the curves of Vicki's breasts. Can't make those parts invisible. 2: Eyebrows... Vicki's eyebrows are... um... er.... A wee bit too thick... plus, the character is blonde, not auburn haired (And as my 10 year old daughter keeps saying "She looks like a man with those thick eyebrows" I found a tutorial online for fixing Vicki's eyebrows (Fallen city), and followed the steps: Eyebrows set to same color as the rest of the SkinHead (Did that on both eyebrows in the Material Room) Minimum Transparency to 0 Maximum Transparency to 0 (Couldn't figure this part out) No Transparency Map. Upper Eyebrows Set the color I wanted (Did that, including setting ambient to black) Minimum trabsparency to 0, maximum transparency to 100 (again, couldn't figure this out) Load a Vicki Eyebrow transparency map (Would if I could find one) At any rate, with what I could figure out, and changing the BrowOut parameter on the head, I got rid of the thick brownish red eyebrows... only one problem... I have the thin arched eyebrows I want However, as my wife pointed out... she has pale white eyebrows that make her look like a drow!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2003 at 11:07 AM

What texture are you using? Also, it might help if you posted some screencaps showing the problem. The textures DAZ sells for Vicky are for a brunette. IME, they won't look natural for a natural blonde. You should either buy a texture that's designed for a blonde, or get a trans-only texture, that lets you make the hair and lashes any color you want, just by changing the material color. As for the clothing problem...try adjusting the scale dials of the jacket, and/or the breast morph dials.

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2003 at 2:50 PM

If the brows are correct but white, either you need to get a transparency map which has blond eyebrows and apply that texture, or you can set the brow material color to a blond color. Some texture packs do not use Vic's eyebrows - they paint the eyebrows onto the skin itself. If you're using one of those textures, you need to set the eyebrows to 100% transparent with no fall off. If the texture doesn't have eyebrows painted on the character but has external eyebrows on the texture, set the material for the eyebrows to the Vic texture. Which texture are you using? I might be familiar with it. Cheers! Cres

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.