Tue, Oct 22, 12:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: Another Help

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2000 at 9:00 AM ยท edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 12:16 AM

It said i need to dedicate more memory to poser. HOw do i do this?

Schlabber ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2000 at 9:27 AM

If you have a PC - you can't - and normally needn't to do that - this is just the general error message of poser. When did it occur ???

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2000 at 9:28 AM

You're using a Mac, then? I know I've seen how to do this posted here, but I don't use Macs and didn't pay attention; you might want to search the Archives for "Mac memory" or something.

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2000 at 9:53 AM

Actually im using a PC but good try Charlie. Anyway i was just loading a Motorbike from the props which i got off here and it said it couldnt open it ans that i need to dedicate more memory to poser. Does this mean i have too many props already that i should delete

Schlabber ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2000 at 10:14 AM

Maybe you didn't install the *.obj correctly ??

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2000 at 12:06 PM

heyas; if it says 'cant find geometry file blah blah blah,' a couple times then 'you are out of memory blah blah blah;' then you're not outta memory, you just confused poser. the obj file has to be in a specific (and very picky in the upper/lower case department) directory, or else the library file can't find it, and poser can't load it. check the readme for the prop to see where the obj is supposed to be. alternately, you can open the cr2 file and read the directory where it is supposed to be, near the top. also remember if a previously working prop/figure suddenly does this, you probably need to delete the rsr that is next to the obj. if it gets corrupted, the same deal will happen.

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2000 at 12:30 PM

Hey Man, when i load some it says , there from a newer veriosn of poser. Where do i get these from. Ive heard of poser 4.o2 and4.03

Schlabber ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2000 at 1:12 PM

yes, directly from curious labs ... I think you could use 4.02. or 4.03 but I've never heard that an error-message like the one above will occur ...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.