Wed, Sep 18, 9:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Shoe Dilemma

Towal ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 12:31 AM ยท edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 5:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.towal.com/test/poser/aspen-winter-charger.jpg

I'm hoping this is something some of the "old timers" in poser can help me with. Being very new to poser even though I have a fairly large library of items collected already (both purchased and freebies) I am having a really hard time finding appropriate footwear for V3 :(

Everything I have found so far is very modern and normally what I consider to be "sexy" (ie: latex boots, high heels etc).

I am interested in doing some "period" type renders (for lack of a better description). Some of those having a barefoot model is clearly appropriate. However, I did the render above tonight and clearly barefoot would not work in this one (and it could be argued that she should have a coat on as well, but I'm new to this and getting 2 figures in the picture is a big thing for me still ;) )

I got around it by hiding her feet and it's not too bad though she kinda looks "floaty" to me. I guess I could lower the dress a bit to make it look more like it flows on the ground rather than just stopping, but I'd really just like some appropriate footwear.

Does anyone know of any or have any ideas on other methods of combating the lack of footwear?

biggert ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 3:18 AM

if you can't find freebies that match your needs, and you don't want to spend some dollars on new libraries, then the cheapest solution is to use good old Photoshop 7 or 8 to paint your shoes in!! what i have in mind is you probably can scan pics or use online pics of the shooz you want and kinda composite them on your figure.....of course it's likely this process won't be as easy as cut and paste....and so you'll have to use Photoshop to apply the fine tuning....and then just paint in the missing parts, etc. i just have to say that i havent tried this yet, and so i'm not sure how easy it will be and if it will work....this idea is just something i came up with just now as i read your message... hope that will help you....if not, hey, i'm a newbie too when it comes to giving advice!! i usually do the asking... =) =)

Foxseelady ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 3:30 AM

There is some period clothing sets at Daz for sale that have shoes. Not sure if it'll be what you are looking for...but maybe.

genny ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 6:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/shoe/SLIST5.HTM

file_86719.jpg

Well, you peeked my curiousity, so I did some research. What I found, is, what I think may have been the type of shoes worn in the period of when a dress like this may have been worn. Since, not much of the shoe will be showing under the long dress, I think the best solution would be is to make Vicky's foot and toes invisible and use what-ever shoe you want.....who's gonna know? LOL! I made this image using V3 and the dress/texture that you used and added the "period" shoes for V2 (available from Daz) and I think not even Vicky knows the difference. (:

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 6:44 AM

Part of the problem is that she's really not properly dressed for being outdoors in the snow. Boots don't really go with that bare-shouldered dress, and the kind of indoor slippers that would look good with it wouldn't look right in the snow. A coat would cover up that pretty dress. Try the V3 Hooded Cloak. :-)

That said, there is historical-type footwear available. Here's some of my favorites.

DarklingWear: Mystikal (An accessory package for the Netherworks Darklingwear dress. Worth it for the shoes alone, but if you can, get the dress (sold separately), too - it's great.)

Mary Janes by Xena (Nice, basic shoes for all eras. You can easily change the color by changing the material.)

Elf Shoes (Okay, these are a little funky. But they're cheap!

Bard shoes Another set of inexpensive historical shoes.

Boots might work, too. Several of the fantasy clothing packages include boots.

Towal ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 7:27 AM

Thank you everyone for the responses. Everyone here is so helpful :)

Biggert: I thought about doing the shoes as postwork and may end up trying that just to see if I can do it. I was hoping to take the easy way out and find some conforming, easy to understand/use items. This is still so new to me that anything too complicated usually ends up with a render in the trash bin ;)

randy: Thanks much for the links. I'm going to do some shopping later today :) I don't mind paying for items and in fact, the mystikal dress and accessory pack were in my wishlist there so that gives me an excuse to buy them ;)

I do have the V3 hooded cloak. I was serious when I said getting 2 figures in a render was still a big deal for me ;) I was so happy I managed that and then got stuck on her feet so figured I would post and then worry about figuring out the cloak for the final render.

Genny: This leads me to another question. You can use V2 stuff on V3?

Towal

nickedshield ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 8:34 AM

If you have the Tailor then go over to Daz arcane and get the tutorial for fitting V2 clothing on V3.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Towal ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 2:23 PM

ok thank you. I don't have the Tailor yet. It's on my wishlist. I thought it was probably a little above my skill level at this point, but I am definately going to get it once I have a little more experience with the program. Towal

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.