Thu, Oct 3, 12:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: About DAZ Studio...

StolenHeart20 ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 4:32 PM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 2:16 AM

If not still yet aware of the openGl its going to use before even wanting to use the 'beta' i hope must of you people have atleast not sure since i havent worked on the program myself... should invest in a more better videocard.. ATI...nVIDA.. becuse 'software render' will not be enough believe me I use Cinema and its not all fun using 'software render' cuz it is hard after your sence get more complicated and dense. i dont wanna plug this site but this is a very good place to very good computers parts at good prizes.. newegg.com

BazC ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 4:39 PM

Graphics card won't make ANY difference to render times. Graphics cards only improve screen refresh times when setting up a scene. - Baz

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 6:11 PM

OpenGL is pretty agnostic when it comes to video cards. I use mostly NVIDIA stuff (GeForce 4FX on the main PC, Geforce2Go on the laptop) except for my Macintosh, where an ATI Radeon 8500 (originally PC, flashed the BIOS for Mac) works admirably under Quartz Extreme (Apple's OpenGL environment, I think.) Shouldn;t matter either way. /P

PandaPride ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 6:20 PM

is daz studio out yet? I was looking around over in the members forums but i didnt see any FYI.--Essie

sandoppe ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 7:53 PM

The OpenGL that is used in Vue does not work well at all with some video cards.....been there....done that! Every time I tried using it, it would black out the screen and the computer would reboot. Of course that was an older nvidia card under Windows 98. I think most of the newer cards can manage it ok. It will be interesting to see how DAZ employs it. I'm going to try it on my new work computer, which has nothing more than an Intel graphics controller and a Celeron processor (2.7ghz), the computer I use for my toys (PIV, 1.7 ghz and Nvidia GEForce MX 200 card), as well as two older machines: a PIII and PII....just to see what happens. I'd put it on my old Pentium I, but that would probably be pushing the envelope a bit too far! :)

milamber42 ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 10:09 PM

Open-GL comes into play in the preview windows, w/ real-time textures and transparency maps in the scene window.

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 2:48 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12452

we just started a forum for the Studio .. just so you guys know

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.