Wed, Sep 18, 9:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: PBoost Question

Towal ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 12:37 AM · edited Wed, 07 August 2024 at 12:27 AM

I am using the newest version of PBoost on WinXP Pro. I love the program and for the most part have had no trouble with it after the initial lock up problems.

The problem I'm having can be worked around, but I find it annoying so if I can actually fix it that would make me happier and it'd be easier now that I'm getting a fairly substantial library of items.

Most folders I am able to move into the new folders I have created with no problems. However, there are a few of them that I can't move from the folder where they go when I install. Sometimes it's not a HUGE issue (for example it's a folder that is at least close so while not the exact folder I want still one I would be likely to look in to find something).

Once in a while though on install something shows up in a folder that is completely inappropriate and I can't move it out (for example Mendhi's Butterfly Flocks is in the Vicky folder and I can't move it to the Animal one). I get a there is another a file by this name or windows is locking the folder error.

I have checked and I don't have files of those names already in the folders. I've tried making new folders and moving to that one and I still get the same error.

I've tried running correct reference and rebooting etc.

The items all work fine from the folders they are in. I can still switch banks without it locking up so I don't think it's a path issue.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting this problem would be much appreciated.

Towal

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 5:42 AM

Why don't you try e-mailing the author? He's very helpful and prompt. Great support!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 7:18 AM

Try moving it with Windows, in Explorer instead. Sometimes PBoost just won't let go of some files L You may have to reboot before you do it. XP too is sometimes very posessive of files :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Towal ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 11:18 AM

Thanks!

I'll try to move them with explorer first and if that doesn't help I will email him for tech support.

Like I said it's not a HUGE issue..just an annoyance. I love the program and would be lost without it already.

Towal

hogwarden ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 11:47 AM

Hi there!! Hehe... I am watching the forums as often as I can! Hmmm... well I'm thinking there might be something set to read-only...? The moving of the folders around within PBooost works on just the same principles as in Windows Explorer... Can you move the files with Explorer....? H:))

Towal ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 12:02 PM

I have been pretty certain it is user error vs a program error that is why I hadn't wanted to bother you hogwarden. I didn't check for read only files, but I was able to move the offending files via windows explorer. I reran correct reference (not sure that was necessary, but can't hurt) and everything seems to be happy and functioning in it's new home. I can't say enough how much I LOVE this program. It was recommended to me before I even started getting much of a library and it has been the best money I have spent. I don't know how people manage without it. I'm very new to poser and would be completely lost without it already! Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I am sure you are quite busy :) Towal

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.