Fri, Sep 27, 10:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 9:03 am)

Subject: Poser 4 PP Setup Room Question

regaltwo ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 9:46 AM ยท edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 10:26 AM

file_87418.jpg

OK, I have finished texturing the table, and worked out my axis problem. And I have created it as a figure with two groups, main and drawer. Now I want to make the drawer slide out. But when I look at the Setup Room, it looks as though it only permits you to make the group in question swing on one of the axises. I assume there is a way to make the drawer slide, so how do I do it? If someone could give detailed instructions for the not very bright, the not very bright would be very grateful:)

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 10:00 AM

Go to the Setup Room and create two bones. Assuming that you have already got your model divided into two groups, table and draw, call one bone table, call the other draw. It will not matter where you place the bones because you will not want to rotate the draw just open and close it. Generally in the middle will be ok. Back to the Pose Room, select the draw. Now go to Object Properties and deselect the Bend option. You may need to do this for the table also. Next reselect the draw and test out your x, y & zTrans dial. One of then will open the draw. Ignore all the other rotate dials. Save the table to the figures library. You can hide unwanted dials by opening the CR2 file in a text editor and changing each "hidden" attribute to 1.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

regaltwo ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 10:14 AM

Cool. Thanks a lot. Haven't actually used your advice yet, but I'm sure it will work. I knew there was a way, since so many people do it. Also, thanks for the tip about clearing the dials. By the way, regarding the remaining trans dial that opens the drawer, how can I change its name to "drawer open"?

regaltwo ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 10:21 AM

Never mind, I figured that last one out. Just click on the dial:) Obvious, I know :)

CoreArts ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 8:03 PM

You know it might also be easer to make it as a morphing prop, rather then an actually figure.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.