Wed, Oct 23, 1:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: How to make a custom head?

Shaaz786 ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 8:16 PM ยท edited Wed, 14 August 2024 at 9:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www11.brinkster.com/shaaz/show.html

I want to make a custom head from a image. Is it possible to create textures for heads & map them to poser OR another drawing tool is needed for the mesh/polygons. I have been trying to textureize, scan faces & morph heads. But all to get real bad results, OR no such realistic work? I have a link setup below where you can see my result, please comment on what am I doing incorrectly or what should be done desirably! Thanks Shaz

Shaaz786 ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 8:18 PM

Attached Link: http://www11.brinkster.com/shaaz/show.html

Oh the image on the LEFT is the result & the RIGHT is what I am aiming for!!!!!!!

HighlandFalcon ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 9:08 PM
FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 10:07 PM

What figure are you using, and are you using Poser 5's face room? If so, I recommend you put that aside for a while, start with a figure with a lot of morphs, and play with dials. Several people I've come across have said they get better results working with the morph dials than they do with the face room.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 12:27 AM

If you try just using the front photo in the face room you can get much better results. I did that with a few things that did work. You can use morph putty to do the things that you would normally do using the side photo. You need to fix the black areas in the finished texture but that is quite an easy thing to do.

PandaPride ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 9:16 AM

thank you so much HighlandFalcon! That link is great! I've been trying to get how to do this for a while and nothing I have found was helpful. That looks like it might be.----Essie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.