Fri, Sep 20, 11:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Importing into Vue Pro

satfj ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2003 at 1:44 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:38 AM

I created a model in 3dStudio I then imported it into Vue4 Pro with latest update (beta)installed. Scale and size was fine after importing. Now I continued to work on my 3dStudio model and then loaded the newly created objects I had added in 3dStudio to my Vue 4 model, these new objects imported fine sizewise but were not imported on the same position as they were created in 3dStudio. Is there a way to import them so they are positioned in the same relationship as were created in 3dStudio? Thanks

gebe ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2003 at 1:49 PM

Yes, if you aim your Vue camera to North before importing:-)

gebe ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2003 at 1:56 PM

Not sure I understoud what you mean??? An object created in another soft will come in the same position as it was created there if the cam inside Vue is aimed to north. But I don't know what you wanted to say by "...and then loaded the newly created objects I had added in 3dStudio to my Vue 4 model... Did you export an object from Vue, imported it in Sdstudio and re-exported/re-imported it????

satfj ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2003 at 7:10 PM

I updated the model back in 3dStudio by adding new elements or objects in 3dStudio, then I want to update my Vue 4Pro project by importing those new elements and objects to my Vue 4 Pro project. In other words I'm doing all the modeling in 3dStudio and importing as I go along into Vue 4 Pro. I'm not exporting from Vue at all. What do you mean by aiming camera north, is that the main camera pointing up the screen in plan view? Thanks

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 4:31 AM

file_88308.jpg

In Vue Pro, when you have imported a figure/object from another application and then change something to your figure/object in the other application, Pro will recognice these changes immediately and will popup a window asking you if you want Pro to consider these changes. So there should not be a problem. It works great for me with Poser things. Pro places the changed object exactly as the original was.

satfj ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 11:52 AM

It works fine now...You have to make sure you uncheck the item "Resize and center imported objects" in the Options dialog box. I didn't have that....otherwise it's good. Thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.