Mon, Sep 16, 10:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Animation help please!

PandaPride ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 6:58 PM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 8:07 AM

Okay this is my question, I have gotten to the point where I know how to go and make an animation within poser 5. But what if I want to make one frame by frame? Say from one pose to another etc? Someone please help! thanks-_Essie

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 4:06 AM

Maybe you should explain what you want to do a bit better so that you will get answers.

elgyfu ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 5:20 AM

Poser 5 works by using Keyframing. Check the manual coz it is actually quite good on animation. Dr Geep did a super tutorial a while back and may I personally recommend 'The Animator's Survival Kit' by Richard Williams as an excellent book for all animators.

PandaPride ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 7:05 AM

thanks elgyfu... xantor what I mean it animation by keyframe as elgy has said, or to me frame by frame really. thanks so much guys.--Essie

caulbox ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 2:41 PM

Please don't be offended if I'm saying what you already know and is blatantly obvious here. But just in case any newbies to Poser are unfamiliar... at the most basic level, if you Pose your figure in frame 1, and then go to (say) frame 30 and effect a different pose, you'll have created a smooth animation transition between the two poses. That simple!

PandaPride ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 4:04 PM

thanks caulbox, not offended at all really. I've been playing around in poser for a while now but I don't really know it as well as I'd like to. so any help I can get is needed. thanks so much--Essie

caulbox ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 4:15 PM

Cheers Essie. If it is obvious, rest assured it took me six months to find out! I'd being trying to get animations to do the same thing by manually adjusting every frame!

EdW ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 4:39 PM

One other thing is the interpolation you are using. Poser default to spline interpolation which means everything moves in an arc. Most of the time you will need to created intermediate keyframes to control the motion of certain body parts so they don't fly way out of control. If you open the graph editor you can easily see any movements that are way out of whack. Simply create a keyframe and move it back into line. When you are first learning it's easier to change the interpolation to linear. You can always go back and change areas to spline. I never animate at 30fps. Most of what I do is made for web delivery so I tend to animate at 12 or 15 fps. Ed

geep ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 12:50 AM

Hi Essie, HERE is a list of links to my tuts. See #03 for Animation. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.