Mon, Oct 21, 5:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:29 pm)

Subject: How do I stop the Egypt Stuff Loading?

elgyfu ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 1:00 AM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 11:10 PM

Hi, can anyone tell me how to get Daz Studio to load up with and empty window - I am well fed up with waiting for all the Egyptian stuff to load everytime. At least with Poser you can do something else whilst it loads, Studio insists that you look at the splashscreen for the duration! Thanks and Happy New Year, Elgyfu

MadYuri ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 5:32 AM

Just rename the file EgyptScene.daz in the folder '../DAZ Studio/content/' to something like EgyptScene_no.daz (and the associated EgyptScene.png to EgyptScene_no.png).

elgyfu ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 9:01 AM

Thank you, you have just saved me some grey hairs!

Porthos ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 10:31 AM

Thanks from me also! :)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

pisaacs ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 12:06 PM

You can do it in the Registry also. Search for DAZ in the software section and delete the StartUp line entry which calls the Egyptian scene to load at startup.

markdc ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 2:05 PM

It's under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREDAZStudio

JurgenDoe ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2004 at 11:42 AM

In regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/DAZ/Studio and change the line StartupScene from whatever it says (Egyptian scene?) to "" (two quotes).

Strength Is Life, Weakness Is Death

Ranai ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2004 at 7:58 PM

This is valuable information. Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.