Tue, Oct 1, 5:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Figure making problem

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 5:02 AM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 5:48 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_92758.jpg

I am making a poser figure. I have done almost everything except the hip. The hip has different parameters from all the other joints. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem. It seems to be a joint parameter problem just to clarify...

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 5:03 AM

file_92759.jpg

Here is another picture of the problem...

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 5:08 AM

The figure doesnt bend forward properly either. If it was any other joint I would just make the amount it can bend smaller and that would probably fix it but the hip doesn`t have the usual bend settings in the joint editor.

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 6:31 AM

Can you give a side view screen shot with the joint editor open so that we can see the red and green parameters? At first glance I think you need to set the abdomen's bend red lines to more horizontal. If they are still at the default 45/135 then they are including too much of the hip. Spherical fall off zones is another option, but lets start there.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 7:08 AM

file_92760.jpg

Thanks phil, here is the abdomen pic.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 7:20 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_92761.jpg

I tried making the red lines near horizontal and it did improve it but it didn`t completely fix it. What difference is there with spherical fall off zones? This is a picture from the front, the bit in between the legs is part of the backside distorted and hanging down.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 7:25 AM

file_92762.jpg

And here is a picture from the back. Yamato made a jp converter that is a pose that fixes the bending in posette, maybe something like that could be used for this (at least the backside)? The backside is almost perfect this is bent about 100 degrees to show the faults better but bending it up to about 90 degrees is near perfect.

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 7:36 AM

Currently the area that is blended is defined by four flat planes. By adding spherical fall off zones you can further refine the blend zone to be the intersected volume between the two spheres. Look and see how an existing Poser figure handles it. Not sure if the P4 figures have spherical fall off zones at the abdomen bend, but the DAZ millenium ones certainly do.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 7:41 AM

Thanks phil you have been a great help.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 4:43 AM

Phil I was going to try the spherical fall off zones but that option was greyed out in the joint editor. What causes it to be greyed out and more importantly, how do I change it back so i can use the spherical fall off zones?

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 5:06 AM

Yeah I get that too sometimes. Don't really know why. If closing/opening the joint editor will not do it I then file/save and reopen the scene. After that its file/save and close Poser and reopen.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 10:31 AM

The spherical fall off zones are centred at the feet, how do I change them? P4 figures do have spherical fall off zones for the abdomen I just checked.

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 10:44 AM

Select them then either drag them in the Poser window or use the dials.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 11:13 AM

I meant how do I change them, do I make them bigger or move them some way?

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 11:24 AM

Use the P4 figures as a guide. The spherical fall off zones can be positioned/scaled/rotated by using their dials.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.